Chapter Six

Karamatsu slipped on his shoes as Todomatsu stood beside him by the front door, texting faster than Choromatsu had ever seen anyone text. But, of course, Choromatsu was never around enough gay men or straight girls to really know how fast they could really text.

Sighing, Karamatsu rubbed the ends of his hair while looking into his handy pocket sized mirror.

"Are you sure nobody else wants to go?" Todomatsu asked, slipping his phone into his hoodie pocket.

Ichimatsu hissed under his breath, turning around, taking the stairs that led to the roof.

"Nii-san!" Jyushimatsu exclaimed, leaping out of the living room, chasing after his brother with great enthusiasm. "Wait for me!"

Ichimatsu stopped walking and waited literally a millisecond for Jyushimatsu to catch up to him.

"Why do you want to..." Ichimatsu mumbled. "sit on the roof with me..."

"Because I like being with you!" Jyushimatsu laughed, hugging his brother from the side.

"Well, we're off now, my brothers," Karamatsu said, sliding open the front door as he quickly put on his black shades with his other hand.

Todomatsu let out a sigh, then turned around to face Osomatsu and Choromatsu.

"Have fun staying at home!" Todomatsu said in the sort of voice that really ticked Choromatsu off.

"Yeah," Osomatsu replied lazily, flicking a booger at Todomatsu. "we will."

"Ew! You're so gross, Osomatsu nii-san!" Todomatsu squealed like a girl,(or a gay dude, whichever you prefer) running out the door with Karamatsu.

"Why does it feel so strange now..." Choromatsu thought. "It's like they're all avoiding me now...then again, who would want to even be around me? I'm not worth anyone's time. I'm just useless Choromatsu, and that's all I'll ever be..."

"Hey," Osomatsu said after a few seconds, roughly resting his hand on his younger brother's shoulder. "Do you want to play Mario Kart?"

Choromatsu shook his head and sighed, replying, "I don't really feel like doing anything..."

Osomatsu gave Choromatsu a weird look, his normally trollish eyes softening for a split second. But quickly, they regained their normal spunk as he let out a laugh.

"Don't get too bored then," Osomatsu said, slapping Choromatsu on the back as he rubbed under his nose with his other hand. "Just tell me if you need anything."

"That's oddly kind of you...?" Choromatsu thought, questioning his thoughts. "You never treat any of us like we matter, Osomatsu. So why so suddenly? Is it because you can sense something is off? I'd rather kill myself than...than let you know how I feel. After all, you're probably the person who's still the angriest with me. It's my fault you lived alone for so long..."

"Choromatsu! Come in here with me at least!" Osomatsu called from the living room. "I don't wanna be the only one who's alone!"

At that moment, anxiety, once again, wrapped tightly around Choromatsu's heart, reminding him of how lonely he really was.

"Ichimatsu was right last night..." Choromatsu thought, his legs beginning to tremble as he stumbled into the living room and sat down on the sofa with Osomatsu. "Suicide really is the only way to escape..."

Osomatsu forced a smirk on his face, pulling out a magazine instead of playing Mario Kart.

"I wish I could just outright ask Choromatsu what's wrong right now..." Osomatsu thought, glancing at his younger brother as he lay down on the green sofa, closing his eyes. "But I wouldn't get an answer. I just don't understand why he's not answering my questions nowadays! He should just stop hiding everything! But...maybe I shouldn't keep the fact that I have a job interview soon...a secret..."

"Hey, Choromatsu," Osomatsu said, closing his magazine. "What do you call a c-"

"I don't want to talk right now," Choromatsu replied firmly, curling up in a ball on the sofa. And from the way his voice squeaked out, Osomatsu could tell he was very upset.

"Don't be silly, Choromatsu. I know you want to talk. You just don't want to face reality right now, do you? If you'd just tell me, I'm sure you would feel so much better...not to mention, I would too. It's not fair to make me worry so much, Choromatsu," Osomatsu thought, staring at his brother whose back was turned on him.