Chapter Four

"Hold me. Love me. Never let me go. I want someone to care about me. I don't want to worry anymore. What even am I feeling? Is this what one would call anxiety? Depression? Or am I just fretting about the future? But that IS anxiety..." Choromatsu thought as he drifted aimlessly in his mind while dreaming. "And who do I want to love me? Who would ever love me? Who would love such..."

"Trash like you?" Ichimatsu spat suddenly, grabbing Choromatsu but the collar of his hoodie. "Nobody loves you. Stop lying to yourself!"

"I-Ichimatsu! Why are you here?" Choromatsu stammered.

"Oh," Ichimatsu mumbled, sitting down in an open field that was just suddenly there. "I guess we're both sleeping at the same time, our breathing patterns matched just right."

"That doesn't make sense!" Choromatsu exclaimed loudly, his voice echoing for miles.

"And how does it NOT?" Ichimatsu spat, glaring up at his older brother with his sunken in eyes.

"I-I..." Choromatsu stammered again.

"Kill yourself," Ichimatsu muttered under his breath.

"W-what was that?!" Choromatsu exclaimed, his limbs suddenly growing limo.

"I said..." Ichimatsu growled irritably. "JUST KILL YOURSELF."

Choromatsu grew silent, his heart thudding insanely.

"I never thought about that..." Choromatsu sighed, sitting down by his brother. "I could do that, couldn't I?"

"Cutting open a vein is the best way to go," Ichimatsu spat, wheezing a bit as he jerked a knife out of his pocket and handed it to Choromatsu. "Trust me, you'll love it."

"I've never really trusted you though..." Choromatsu thought, and Ichimatsu shot him a dirty look.

"You do know that I can hear your thoughts, right? This is a dream," Ichimatsu hissed.

"Sorry..." Choromatsu said, examining the knife. Its blade was so sharp, that he knew this couldn't be just any ordinary knife.

But the longer he stared at it, the more his anxiety began to build up.

"Kill yourself..." voices hissed inside his head. "You won't regret it. It'll only hurt for...just a moment. Trust us..."

"I..." Choromatsu whimpered, staring into the knife even more.

And for a split second, he pointed the knife at his stomach. But, of course, being the coward he was, he immediately turned it back around. Yet he still held onto it.

"Hey! Leave Choromatsu alone, Ichimatsu!" Osomatsu yelled loudly, appearing out of nowhere.

Osomatsu grabbed Ichimatsu by his hoodie, lifted him off of the ground, then threw him back down again.

A devilish smile crept across Ichimatsu's face as he watched his eldest brother's every move.

"Aren't you going to keep torturing me?" Ichimatsu asked, coughing a bit.

Osomatsu ignorerd his brother's question, quickly shooting one back at him.

"Will you please leave Choromatsu alone?" he asked, standing in front of the green hooded brother as if he were his bodyguard.

Ichimatsu didn't reply. Hey just stood up and walked away, slouched over as usual.

Osomatsu let out a sigh of relief then offered out his hand at Choromatsu.

Shakily, Choromatsu took his brother's hand and staggered to his feet.

"Are you okay?" Osomatsu asked, and this time around, his eyes were filled with nothing but concern. "Please don't listen to whatever Ichimatsu told you..."

"I-I..." Choromatsu stammered, but he knew he couldn't reassure his brother that he wouldn't kill himself.

Osomatsu tightly wrapped his arms around Choromatsu, hugging him with all the love and compassion he could offer.

The knife slipped out of Choromatsu's hand and hit the ground beneath him as tears filled his eyes.

"Is this what it feels like to be loved..." Choromatsu thought. But something about the way Osomatsu was hugging him told him that it wasn't exactly 'brotherly love'.

Choromatsu awoke.