Chapter 5: Storms

Hello! Let me just clear it now: This story starts before OUAT, and it does overlap but I changed the ending and everything because I came up with it after about 3 episodes of season 3...so just fyi. Anyway here's the chapter, thanks for reading!<3

She paced back and forth in the tent, growling to herself as her thoughts spun into anger and sadness. She was so stupid. Of course they would be greedy for her, every soul back in the Enchanted Forest was. "Even the damn Blue Fairy wanted some," she growled to herself.

            The freedom and the newness of the island had blinded her, she'd almost forgotten her past and her knowledge, the truth of people. People were greedy, selfish, heartless. All of them. Some claimed to be good and kind, but as soon as they had something as powerful as she within their reach, they became their true selves. No one cared for anyone except themselves. Pan may not have locked her in a room, but that didn't make her free.

            "This was my parents' price, that I would forever see true nature," she whispered. And it had ruined her life forever. Tears clouded her vision, and she was so shocked at her emotion that she didn't think and just let them fall, and let the anger and sadness consume her.

            All her life before the tower, she and her parents had been lied to, threatened, hounded at for her. As a child, people had rushed to her and tried to touch her, grab her, yell and scream pleas and demands at her. Everywhere she went it was chaos, and as a toddler she was terrified of adults. That was one way she must've been blinded by Pan and the boys, children had never attacked her as adults had. She was a princess, an innocent child, and she had been horrified at her own subjects. She was wanted. So much, she'd been stolen and locked away for twelve long years. Ripped from her family, sentenced to imprisonment for no crime she could remember.

            Felix stumbled into the tent, panting, as if he'd made a great effort in walking the five steps she had. She didn't even notice him or anything else outside her mind. She was curled on her knees on the ground, folded in on herself so her forehead touched her knees.

           "Hey," Felix urged and reached out, but hesitated before touching her. She opened her eyes, red from crying, and lifted her tear-stained face. That's how she noticed it was suddenly storming outside, violently: the thick trees were swaying with the wind, leaves and dirt and twigs hurled in the air not caring who or what they struck, heavy black clouds blocked the entire sky and sun. But it was so bright...she risked a glance down near her shoulders, already guessing what she would find. Her white hair, tangled and thrown behind her and across her shoulders, was glowing as brightly the chandelier of candles back in her tower room.

            "I...I am sorry..." she whispered, saddened further. She had no control over the magic, so it manifested itself through her emotions. And right now, she was filled with old anger and recurring sadness. Pan threw himself inside then, dirty blonde curls a mess from the wind, but still looking a bit less exerted than Felix.

            "Everything's secure, good job. I was right, wasn't I?" his whole demeanor was different as he spoke to Felix. Businesslike, straightforward, no malice or mockery or hidden meanings. Then he turned to her, and his attitude changed a bit again. But not back to his normal cruelty. Instead, he looked plainly at her, his face almost expressionless. But it was softer than usual, and a hint of a smile played on his lips. Probably satisfaction that she really was powerful. His eyes held determination, but also understanding. "Right love, let's calm you down."

            "Stay away from me. I told you, I don't know how to control it, and that's damn nice for you," she snarled. He cocked his head, again without a hint of teasing.