Chapter 40: Heartbeat

HI! Wow it's been a while I AM SO SORRY! I've been soooo busy with homework and my prom is Friday! Ah! No date :( I really really really really like a guy buuuuut I'm too shy/scared...oh well, I still look fantastic in my dress (vanessa5836 can second this...I hope). Anyway I'm so sorry for the slow updates but thank you so much for all the love and suport! Your comments make me so happy<<<3333

I WENT TO DISNEYLAND THIS WEEKEND! It was epic. I met Mickey (my love<3), and Minnie and Pluto and I saw Peter Pan in a parade but did not get to hug/kiss him like I wanted :( It's ok because I'm going for 3 days with my bff in June as our graduating-high-scool present (if y'all REALLY want to know where I got into/am most likely going to college, ask in the comments or give me 20 votes on this chapter!) and it will be our main mission to find him!! Also, they had OUAT outfits!!!!! They had Evil Queen, Snow White's dress, Maleificent, and Prince Charming!

This story is almost done!! Only about 9 chapters left!!! I can't believe it, I honestly didn't think people would like it enough to make me finish! You guys are seriously amazing.

Ok here you go, quicck and I'll maybe dedicate this later but I'm supposed to be writing an essay right now and it's 11pm my time...also, read carefuly--this may seem fillerish but there's some foreshadowing as to how this story finally ends! Love you all:) <3

ELLE’S POV

The grown-ups and Elle were trudging through the forest a few hours later. Elle had no idea where they were going, and it bothered her, but she comforted herself with the knowledge that she could fight them, or transport away. They were just setting up their meager camp, Elle merely tugging Felix’s cloak tighter around her shoulders, when the woman they’d called Regina suddenly stood, stiffened, and whirled around to face Elle, fire in her eyes and a sneer across her face.

            “So what use are you to us exactly? I haven’t even seen Pan trying to get you back, you can’t be that important,” she demanded, hands on her hips. Elle arched an eyebrow, but, strangely, the woman’s sudden hostility didn’t evoke as much fear or anger as it should have. It didn’t evoke anything at all.

            Hook sighed and cut in before Elle could open her mouth. “We’ve been over this, Regina. We’re lucky.”

            The woman—Regina—scoffed. “And no one thinks she’s secretly working with him? At all? Just luck that she ran right to you guys, just luck that he hasn’t attacked us since she’s been here, just luck that he hasn’t shown up at all?”

            Elle frowned, she had to agree with the woman’s logic. It was odd, she would be suspicious too. But they just couldn’t see it, none of these grown-ups. He hadn’t come because he didn’t care, he never had, that was the fact. She hadn’t fought because Elle had nowhere to go, not really.

            “Regina I know it’s hard, but I trust Hook,” the David man chimed in, sounding sympathetic. “She’s our best defense, we have to try everything we can to get Henry back.” Elle frowned, cocking her head towards him.

            “Who is Henry?” she asked quietly. Regina’s sneer deepened, but the rest looked sad. The blonde woman who had been at Dark Hollow, Emma, looked scary.

            Hook ignored her question, speaking to Regina. “He won’t play games—even ones he’d definitely win—with her involved. That makes saving the boy that much easier,” a ghost of a grin passed over his face and his eyes darted to Emma. Emma was looking between Elle and Regina, and Elle started to feel nervous. Regina didn’t say anything, but the tension was obvious. Perhaps Elle could plead her own case.