Chapter 28: Eye to Eye, Face to Face

HI! I am updating early, but I'm also procrastinating homework. This chapter was difficult! As I warned, this story is starting to become difficult to write so I may slow down so that I can still give you guys chapters I feel are decent...I hate it when characters are out of character so I'm trying really hard to make it all work :D Let me know what you think!!

Multimedia can be found in the external link:)

BIG A** SHOUT OUT TO MY AMAZING GIRLY VANESSA5836 FOR YOUR SUPPORT, FRIENDSHIP, GENERAL AWESOMENESS, AND STORY "SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT" IT'S AWESOME!!

I finally convinced my buddy, Seatleslew21 to put up some stories she's started and isn't sure she should continue, is stuck on, etc all in a book called Story Starts. Please please please check it out and talk to her! She's super creative and has so many great ideas that she's great at SAYING but won't WRITE so I need your help supporting her!

Also, a big thank you Write2Express for the awesome cover!!:) If you guys have or want to make trailers or covers or even just recommend pics/songs, feel free to message me!

Thanks for your comments and reads and votes, they make my day and I'm having such a crappy week that they are really making me smile so thank you! <3 *hugs and kisses, warm hugs from Olaf* (I hope you've seen Frozen)...ok long note...sorry...Enjoy!:)

FELIX’S POV

It was midday when Felix realized he hadn’t seen even a flash of Elle’s white hair since Michael released her at dawn. He didn’t worry much, she couldn’t leave Neverland without Pan’s permission. Not that Pan would ever give her that, Felix smirked to himself under his hood. And not that she would try to escape anyway.

            Although, there were other dangers she could get herself into…there were animals on the island, carnivorous animals. And she could get grabbed and drowned by mermaids. The fairies could get a foolish idea of trying to attack and use her. Or she could fall off a cliff, again.

            Felix shook the thoughts away. He didn’t need to worry about her, especially not more than he did the boys. She had magic, he had trained her personally, she could take care of herself. When he’d run into her in the forest during her exile, she had looked fine. A bit more underfed than before, but otherwise alright. And had put up one hell of a fight when he had grabbed her and dragged her into their territory. Besides, for all his cold shouldering, Pan wouldn’t let her get hurt.

            “Felix, have you seen Elle?” Came Harry’s little, hopeful voice. Felix just shrugged, and Harry sighed dejectedly. Ah, poor kid. All the boys thought of her as a sister, but Harry, being the youngest, adored the ground she walked on.

            “Tell you what, kid,” he started, catching Harry’s attention. “Round up a couple more boys and we’ll go play.” The kid beamed and ran around the campsite to the only two others there. The other Lost Boys were out hunting or playing already, and Pan was…off somewhere. He came back with them, Joshua and Devin, in tow.

            Once the three had gathered in a loose sort of semicircle in front of Felix, he instructed them. “Our game is like hide-and-seek, first one to find Elle wins,” he smirked. The boys immediately took off in the same general direction, sprinting, before gradually fanning out in the forest. Felix followed behind them at a fast walk, but his strides were long enough to almost catch up to Joshua. That kid was slow, Felix made a mental note to work on that.

            Unfortunately, Felix didn’t have the magic or connection to the island like Pan did, so he couldn’t just sense where they’d gone. Still, after so long, Felix did have a kind of sixth sense for the boys. They’d gone in the directions of the pirate’s beach and the Echo Caves, so Felix aimed for Dead Man’s Peak. He remembered the day he’d shown it to Elle, how happy they’d both been when she’d bound herself to Neverland forever. A tiny smile tugging at his lips, Felix began climbing, not sure he really believed she’d be there. It was a place with good memories, and he’d seen the tiny, almost imperceptible cracks in her smiles lately. They were because of Pan, she needed good memories.