Chapter 20: Blood and Steel

Hi! I'm sorry, I missed my scheduled Thursday update...so much homework and then I lost internet connection and blah blah blah whatever it's here now! AND OMG OVER 1,000 READS I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! Totally didn't expect that. Ever. But it makes me so happy people like this!:) Thanks for all the reads, and comments, etc.!! I don't think I've said this in a while, but also if anyone has/wants to make a cover or...well, really anything for this story, it's totally welcome:) Anyone recognize any of the cast of the Lost Boys? ;) Enjoy!

PETER PAN’S POV

Peter Pan stood completely still, trying to channel his emotions and not lose it. He didn’t even notice Felix step beside him as he felt the princess’ emotions surge through him, uncontrolled and overwhelming.

            “She’s in so much pain,” he groaned, trying to keep his own magic in check. This was the downside to being so connected to the island and everything on it: if the magic or emotions were strong enough, they could affect him. Felix let out a groan, just as strained. She was like a sister, Peter felt a twinge of sympathy but he didn’t have the present mind to express it. “But it’s unusual. I can barely feel her magic. It’s there, but it’s like looking through fogged glass. Her magic is being suppressed.”

            “Well, what are we going to do? It’s been a full week, Pan?” Felix growled.

            “Don’t you think I know that?!” Peter snarled defensively. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

            “You do. I’m sorry,” Felix said quietly. Peter thought he detected a hint of a smirk, but dropped it. The little princess’ emotions suddenly stopped. They were still there, but very, very quiet.

            “Three hours,” Peter said, looking at the sun hovering just above the ocean. “It’ll be dark and we can sneak on. He’ll have guards posted, but we can handle them. Do you know why they haven’t bothered to come ashore since capturing her?” Peter smirked slightly, he wasn’t able to drag up a full one.

            “Why?” Felix asked eagerly.

            “They’re scared,” Peter was able to make his smirk a little bigger. “Go tell the boys. Three hours, and no mercy.” Felix nodded and strode into the forest to camp.

Using the darkness to their advantage, the Lost Boys silently rowed boats to Jones’ ship, each boy armed to the teeth. Climbing up the walls, the boys stood on the rails of the ship and faced the dozen or so pirates. Peter smirked as he crept around to the steering wheel silently. The pirates had their swords, but his boys had daggers, bows and arrows, clubs, spears, and slingshots. Much more prepared. The boys stood still as he’d ordered them before while he made himself comfortable leaning against the steering wheel.

            The pirates had yelled and Jones himself emerged from his cabin. “Ah, hello, Captain,” Peter called, smirking as the black-clad pirate whirled around and smirked at him. He spread his arms out.

            “Ah, Pan, just the boy I’ve been wanting to see,” he grinned. Peter raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, nodding for him to go on. “I have something, well,” he chuckled, “two things you’re very interested in.”

            “Oh, I love guessing games. I guess one is…,” Peter feigned thinking. “The girl,” he deadpanned, eyes narrowed. Jones nodded. Peter shrugged. “I don’t really care about the other.”

            Jones grinned. “Yes you do. It’ll defeat you, and I have it.” Peter quickly thought of all things he knew might have a chance of destroying him. A small list. Jones would never have the magic possible to destroy his Shadow, or Skull Rock. Peter couldn’t be killed by a sword, even directly to the heart. But defeat, not kill.