Land of Vinum {part.1}

Picture of Ziya

~~~~~~~~

The light from the exposed window hit the side of my face, making it fairly clear that it was morning time. Rolling over I pull the duvet of my head and prayed for it to be night time. A soft knock could be heard on the other side of the room and an even softer voice followed.

"Your majesty I'm coming in," said Angelica.

I peaked over the duvet to see the petite red-headed nurse carrying in a tray of my favorite breakfast. An omelet with some bacon and sausage with a side of toasted bread and butter. And to wash it all down a tall glass of apple juice.

  "Good morning your majesty I brought your favorite for you," Angelica said cheerfully.

  "Thank you," I said.

  Angelica only smiled and proceeded to look through my closet.

  "What color would you like to wear today Ziya," asked a muffled voice.

  "Umm I'm in the mood for a bright red, if you could," I replied absentmindedly.

  I was more focused on the food than I was with what Angelica was doing. More shuffling came from the closet and the red-head reappeared with a long backless bright red maxi dress that cinched at the waist.

  "How about this one," she said eagerly.

  "That one is perfect, thank you again Angelica I'll be out in a minute," I said kindly.

   "I'll go run your bath your majesty, I'll leave you to finish your breakfast," she curtsied and left to the bathroom.

  I was left with my thoughts and once again my mind was on work. I still had to see it through that the museum being built in the Land of Vinum was going alright. Vinum was one of the twelve regions in the kingdom, their specialty was wine and the fine arts. They thoroughly enjoyed having parties and had many festivals that the whole kingdom attended. Vinum was probably one of the wealthiest regions in this kingdom. It was ruled by Lord and Lady Vinum , very easy going and laid back they were.

  "Your majesty the bath is ready for you," Angelica said.

  "I'll be there in a minute," I quickly finished up the rest of my breakfast and walked to the bathroom.

  There everything for my bath was set bathing salts, scented oils, etc. I stripped down and lowered myself into the steaming tub. Almost immediately Angelica's hands went to my head and massaged the conditioner into my curly fro. Gently untangling the nots that might have formed overnight. There my lady and waiting and I talked about pointless things. Once my hair was tangle free and the water was getting cold, I got up and wrapped myself in a cozy towel. I made sure to put shea butter over my skin so that it would be soft. I put on the dress and allowed hair to air dry.

  Angelica grabbed my dainty gold bracelets and matching necklace, I paired the dress with my gladiator shoes. I wasn't really in the mood to do much with my hair so I let it fall on back, making sure to hide my Imperium tattoo that appeared on that night.

   "Angelica I want you to go and see if everything is ready for the trip to Vinum," I said whilst putting perfume on.

  "Yes my Queen," she said. She shut the door behind her and I was left alone.

  My mind wandered again to the Land of Vinum. From Vinum I thought of all the other regions that Asgard housed.

  The Kingdom of Asgard was placed in a peculiar position, it was so that there were six regions in an inner circle and the six in the outer circle. The inner circle regions held the more creative citizens of this kingdom ones who weren't exactly the fighting type. The trips to the inner regions took no more than up to four hours, which was convenient to say the least. The outer regions held our warriors, each one specialized in its own category of war. From the blacksmiths, to the archers, you name it, since they were a little ways further there trips were longer a day and a half if there wasn't any sudden delays. Each land was known for something that they were good at that benefited our kingdom. With that being said, conflict became a normal occurrence back when my father was in rule. He didn't intervene and allowed neighbor to turn against neighbor. And I swore to myself the day I was crowned that I would do everything in my power to do right by people. Even if it meant weeks without proper sleep and a few skipped meals.