Departure {part.2-unedited}

We were about a days worth into our travel and I already grew tired of it. I shifted in my seat in order to get more comfortable when I felt a jab in my side. I moved over and pulled out the small wrapped box.

"What you go there lassie?," Fergus asked.

"Oh it's just a gift that Piper got me when I left Asgard. Funny enough, I never got around to opening it. I've just been so busy, I guess I got distracted," I said.

I started to unwrap the box and my mouth fell open in surprise. It was a floating sphere of water, but I knew what it really was.

"It's a portal,"I said shocked.

"How'd she get her hands on one of those types of portals?," Fergus asked.

"I don't know," I said honestly.

  The portals in the Land of Oceanum were of rare and a delicate nature. You would throw them on the ground and in front of you would appear a pond. You jump into the pond with a destination in mind and then you would arrive on the other side. These types of portals could take weeks to make.

  "Why would she give that as a present?" he asked.

  "I don't know, maybe she thought if things went south in Afisa, we'd need an escape route," I said.

  "Ha...smart girl," he commented.

  "She really is; I wonder is she created this herself," I said while examining the sphere.

  "It be pretty impressive if she did," he said.

  "I mean Piper is a brilliant young girl, and the Lord and Lady told me that the day she was born and they checked her mana and said it was a Prussian blue. I wouldn't be surprised if at her age she would be able to make one by now," I said.

  "She's a talented young lady that one...she reminds me of you when you were younger," Fergus started.

  "Fergus," I cut in.

  "No I'm serious, you should've seen how excited we all were when we learned about your abilities. You were a rare one," he said.

  I went quiet after that; I knew I was a rarity. Imperiums were a once in a blue moon type of birth. And since they could only come from royal birth, their abilities were even more of an enigma. I don't even know the full capacity of what I could do.

"Okay okay...next question. What is going on with you and the boy?," he asked.

"What boy?," I asked confused.

"The King...do you like him?," he asked bluntly. I nearly choked at my own spit at the sudden question. "It's not a hard question lassie; yes or no?," he asked.

"Well he's my mate," I said.

"Mate shmate...your mother was mates with the former King and ended up with your father. Do you like the boy?," he pressed.

"I-I don't know," I said honestly.

"If it helps...the boy is in love with you. He looks at you the same way that I look at my Rosie," Fergus commented.

  If he loved me so much why couldn't he say goodbye. I mean I could have said goodbye as well, but I was still mad about our last conversation. I wanted him to apologize to me and not the other way around. I guess it was my stubbornly and pride that won out in the end.

I was interrupted from my complicated train of thought when the carriage came to a stop. I looked over at Fergus in confusion.

  "I thought we weren't supposed to make our first stop until the middle of day two," I said.