Chapter 3

Back with a new chapter people! Read and enjoy!

----------

* His Last 16 *

Chapter 3

That night, I decided I would go and see Harry. I felt incredibly guilty; all I’d done all day was try and forget about him being in a coma and it made me feel awful. I asked Dakota to come with me and obviously, she said yes. Harry and Dakota were incredibly close and she hadn’t seen him since the accident; she really wanted to see him again.

We walked side-by-side through the doors of the hospital and instantly, déjà vu hit me again. All I’d been doing for the past week was go see Harry. We spoke to the nurse and asked how he was doing.

“There’s no change I’m afraid. We keep trying to see if he is responsive, but every time there’s nothing.” She gave us a sympathetic look before telling us to go through.

When we reached the room, I stopped and willed myself to go in. Dakota grabbed my hand and squeezed it supportively, sending me a small smile.

“Everything’s okay Kara. You’ll feel better if you talk to him”

“But he won’t reply, that’s what’s killing me” I replied sadly.

I pushed open the door and walked in, tugging Dakota with me. Looking at his still form, a tube across his face, made my eyes well up with unshed tears. We walked to his bed and sat on the chairs by it’s side.

“Hi Harry, haven’t spoken for a while huh?” Dakota joked “Sorry I haven’t been to see you, it’s been hard to even think about you to be honest.”

She took a deep breath then told him everything that has been going on since the crash, not leaving out a single detail. During her speech, I sat there staring at his face, waiting and hoping for a slight movement of any kind; anything to make me know there was a chance he would survive this.

“Kara? Do you want me to go?” she asked me, giving me the opportunity to talk to him alone.

“Yes, thanks” I smiled at her as she placed her hand on mine, before leaving the room.

“Hey H. I know I haven’t been for a few days, but it’s been hard to think about you being here to be honest. I’ve read the list you gave me; I couldn’t help but laugh at the get into a fight one, it’s so you” I laughed and was silent for a moment before continuing “I’m really sorry about everything, it’s all my fault. If you hadn’t been trying to save me, you wouldn’t even be here! The only thing I can do for you now is finish your list, which I’m starting soon by the way” I gave a small smile, feeling the familiar tears on my face.

“I have to go now. I’ll come back tomorrow I promise. Love you H” I held his hand for a moment then got up and left the room.

“I’ll be back in a minute, will you be alright?” Dakota asked, frowning at me.

“I’ll be fine” I smiled sadly at her and sat on a chair outside the room.

I watched her walk into the room, then put my head in my hands. I couldn’t cope seeing him sat in that bed, not being able to communicate properly with him. I just needed to look in his eyes, see the happiness floating in them; it wasn’t possible. My head in my hands, I didn’t see Dakota walk back out of the room and sit next to me. Putting her arm over my shoulder made me jump, finally realising she was there.

“It’s okay to be upset Kara. You don’t have to be strong all the time” she whispered to me, looking right into my eyes.

“I do D, I have to” I looked back at her and I felt tears welling up my eyes.

“Come on then, let’s go. We’ll come see him tomorrow okay?” she smiled down at me, trying to cheer me up.

“Alright, I’ve said goodbye, we can get going now” I got up and started walking towards the exit, knowing Dakota would be close behind.

* * *

Dakota and I were sat on my bed, looking at his list. How am I supposed to do all this before I’m 18? It was my seventeenth about five months ago, so I’ve got seven months to finish the list. Admittedly, Dakota joining in would make it more fun, but doesn’t that mean it will go quicker, so we will have even less time? I’m over thinking again, aren’t I?

“Where do you want to start then K?” Dakota asked me, so full of excitement that I thought she would literally burst.

I glanced down at the paper in my hand and read through each point again; which first?

“How about…” I thought about it for a few seconds then finally decided “we just start with the first one? ‘Get detention’ sounds easy enough” I smiled down at Dakota who was led with her head hanging off the end of the bed. She really is a freak.

“Sure! But teachers love us, how do we get around that?” She was right. All the teachers loved us, and Harry being in a coma would make them think I was acting out; which I kind of was.

“Well we could link it with ‘Let a pig loose in school’ and make it obvious it was us?” I suggested, thinking hard.

“Could work… but how do we make it obvious it was us?” Dakota wondered, her face going red from the blood rushing to her head.

“Will you get up! How are you not dizzy?” I wondered laughing.

She turned over and sat up on the bed, then quickly stood up, loosing her balance straight away. I quickly stood up and caught her; well that’s what was supposed to happen. Dakota - being the smart person she was - pulled me thinking it would help, but she just ended up dragging us both to the ground, me on top of her.

We looked straight at each other and after our faces being straight for about three seconds, we burst in fits of laughter. I rolled off her and led next to her.

“Can you imagine if Lucas had walked in just then…” Dakota said, making me picture how he would react.

He would definitely get the wrong idea, that’s for sure. Probably try and get a picture of us, getting proof of our ‘love’ for each other.

Looking back at each other set us off again, and we were laughing until my mum called us down for dinner.

----------

Sorry it's been a while since I've uploaded...

Check out my new story Getting Back At 'Mr Right' ! I'm thinking of entering it into the Watty Awards 2012?

Vote, Comment and Fan people!

Tashaa.x