Chapter 7

I am soooooo sorry for not updating in so long!:O Forgive me?

----------

His Last 16

Chapter 7

We were all in my room, ready for party an hour earlier than we expected to be. This always happened; we planned to take about two hours to get ready and it only took us one. Glancing around the room, I noticed each one of us was dressed in a way that showed off our personalities.

Stacey was wearing a pale pink, lace detailed, fit and flare dress that fell just above her knees. Around her shoulders was a cute white cardigan that was only a little shorter than the dress and on her feet were mid heeled, white wedges. Her whole sense of fashion for the night showed that she was quite shy and sweet, with pastel colours and cute accessories.

Dakota looked completely different from her everyday self! She was wearing black denim, high waisted shorts with a vertically striped, black and white shirt tucked in and baggy around her torso. Personalised tights with the letters spelling ‘Dakota’ covered her legs and she had on her favourite black ankle boots. Her attire screamed loud and bubbly, and being covered from head to toe in mainly black made her look more mysterious.

I, on the other hand, just looked plain normal. With red skinny jeans on my legs and a white shirt on my top half, I just looked like I was heading off to town for the day. I tried to dress it up with some black heels and dressy accessories, and I must say it worked quite well.

Our hair; mine straight, Stacey’s curly and cute, and Dakota’s tied into a messy bun on the top of her head. When we realised we were all ready, we killed time by taking goofy photo’s and sending them to the guys, with joking messages which made even us laugh.

Not long later, it was time to go, and we heard a car horn sound from outside my house. Swiftly, we headed down the twisting stairs and out of the house, but not before I said goodbye to my parents and grabbed my phone and keys for when we got back. My parents were pretty laid back about parties, so they didn’t mind when I asked if Stacey, Dakota and I could come back to ours. Opening the car door, we piled in and buckled up - safety first - before we began to travel in the direction of the party.

* * *

Taking a deep breath, I opened my car door and climbed out, Stacey and Dakota following behind me. Lucas and Dom jumped out of their sides and walked around to meet us on the other side.

“Ready guys?” I asked everyone, mainly trying to calm myself. I’d never really been to a full on party before.

“Stop being so dramatic Kara” Dakota said, rolling her eyes before grabbing my hand and pulling me along with her, everyone else trailing behind us.

We came to a stop at Max’s friend’s front door, knocking first before walking inside to be met by Starships blasting from the speakers. Knowing I would be dragged up by Dakota to dance with her - it was her favourite song in the world - I decided to cut time and just move there myself and it wasn’t long before her and Stacey joined me.

“Hey guys!” Max shouted to us over the music, coming towards us through the maze of people on the home-made dance floor.

I chucked my arms around his neck and gave him a tight hug, before pulling back and smiling up at him. “Hey there stranger.”

“Do you want to get drinks?” He asked to no one in particular, so we all simply followed him out of the crowd and to what must have been the kitchen.

I grabbed a simple vodka and coke, whilst Dakota and Stacey decided to go for some straight up shots, poured by Ryan, host of the party. They knocked them back and poured another, Stacey’s throat obviously burning due to the uncomfortable expression on her face. Giggling, I thought I would join in, and poured one for myself, knocking it back.

Deciding it was time to mingle - as Stacey put it - we headed into the lounge area, where people were sat playing a game of Spin the Bottle. We looked to each other with smiling faces before sitting and joining the rest of the group.

“Joining in?” A guy I recognised as George asked us, so I nodded.

I looked around the circle recognising each person as someone I’d seen around school, then noticed Dom sat diagonally across from me. I gave him a grin which he returned before the game finally begun.

George, with a smirk on his face, leaned forward and pushed the bottle clockwise where it spun for a few seconds before landing on a girl called Ria. “Truth or Dare?” He asked her wiggling his eyebrows. Letting out a flirty giggle, she replied with dare which gave him the opportunity to get her to do whatever he wanted.

“I dare you.. To make out with Sarah” He told her with a glint in his eyes. He must be into that kind of thing - ew.

Clearly, they were both drunk, as they both just shrugged and did the deed, looking not all that bothered about the fact they were best friends kissing each other. After they pulled away, Ria leaned towards the bottle and span it, where it landed on someone with her saying “Truth or Dare”. The game carried on this way for a while, before eventually, it landed on Dakota. Never had she liked these kind of games, she merely enjoyed watching and listening all the things asked of people.

“Truth?” She said it more like a question than a simple statement.

“Is it true that you stole your mum’s car a few years ago?”

I knew she’d hate that question, and I bet she wished she’d said dare to begin with. About two years ago, Dakota’s mother had an incredibly bad drinking problem; she would go out and not return for a few days, she would forget to do the simplest of things, and she even forgot Dakota’s name sometimes. Unlike herself, Dakota got very angry and stormed out of the house, stealing her mother’s car and driving it into a field, leaving it there until someone found it abandoned about a week later.

Dakota sighed, looking annoyed with herself. “Yes, I stole my mum’s car once.”

Not giving anyone a chance to ask her anything else, she spun the bottle and the game continued. I got bored quite soon after, and got up to get another drink for myself, walking into the kitchen. Looking around the room and found that it was just me. I shrugged and walked over to where the drinks were, pouring myself another cup.

Not long after I took my first sip, I felt someone place their warm hands on my hips and rest their chin on my shoulder. “Hey Kara.” There was a clear smile in his voice.

“Hey” I replied, turning to face his familiar face, grinning up at him, the alcohol beginning to affect me and my actions.

“I’ve always wanted to do this” He said, just before gently touching my face and pulling it towards his own, placing a light kiss on my lips.

----------

Vote, Comment and fan!

HBxox