25. Claimed like a piece of cake

My mouth dropped open. His girlfriend. While that gave me a strange sense of joy, I was p*ssed. Ellie, however, was more surprised than I was and I could see the tiny wheels in her brain trying to figure out a story to pass on.

"You two are together?" She breathed.

"Yes," Hadrian said seriously.

"No, we are not!"

Somehow she didn't hear me. "How long?"

"It's been off and on," he told her.

My eyes looked up to the sky, trying to find some outer worldly guidance. Why was he doing this?

He sighed sadly. "I asked her to come and meet my parents but she has commitment issues."

"What? I have commitment issues? You're the one who kissed girls in front of me!" I said incredulously.

"Says the girl who went out with Tom."

If I wasn't stuck to the ground, he would be dead. "Don't you even f*cking bring him up."

"Why not, Rhea? You went out with him, knowing he was a player but you can't even give me a chance."

"Rhea, he's right...well, from what I've heard so far," Ellie added.

I let out what could have been a shriek or growl. How dare he bring up Tom?

"You did the same thing! 'Oh look, I'm Hadrian who breaks up with one girl then dates five others right after'," I deepened my voice to mimic his.

"I never dated five girls right after anyone."

"I'm sorry. Making out with five girls," I corrected sarcastically.

"You two need to chill," Ellie piped in.

I tried to calm myself down and turned my head away from Hadrian as I couldn't walk away. I could feel that he was still staring at me  then I felt his hands move my face till I was looking into his hypnotic eyes.

"F*ck. I'm sorry, Rhea," he murmured loud enough I could hear him.

"I'm not sure if I forgive you," I said, trying not to get distracted by how close he was.

"What if I told you I had cookies waiting for you and a dress with your name on it?"

"I'd say let me use your car and then we'll see."

He laughed silently. I failed to stop the grin from making it's way onto my face. "Okay. Cookies, dress and my car. Is that enough for your forgiveness?"

"For now."

A squeal burst the bubble we were in and we saw a giggling Ellie watching us.

"You two are so cute!" She gushed. "Rhea, I'll be in your dorm in a few minutes. I want to know all the details."

I mentally cried. I had no desire to share my one sentence love story with her. Hadrian seemed to have noticed my reluctance to spend time with her and used his final card to make me go to the event with him.

"She's busy. We're going out to a party," he said. I nodded in agreement, agreeing to anything that would delay Ellie's 'chat'.

She looked slightly upset but reluctantly let it go. Hadrian put his hand on my back and led me forward, finally releasing me from his spell. I waved quickly to Ellie as he quickly moved in the direction of the building our dorms were in.

"Why are you in a hurry?" I said, almost falling onto the floor in his haste.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you the event is today."

I would have stopped walking if he wasn't pushing me. Instead, I used words to express my unhappy shock.

"You didn't tell me that."

"Minor detail."

We arrived in front of my door where he unlocked it and pushed me in.

"Your dress is on your bed. I'll knock on your door at 7," he told me, walking away and shutting the door.

I heard a meow behind me and saw a black cat staring at me. The feline jumped off the top of the wardrobe and morphed into a smirking Thalia.

"Let's make you irresistible," she purred, not completely out of the cat phase.

*****

I was wearing a skin-tight black dress that went to the middle of my thigh. My back was exposed and Thalia had done a good job of forcing my hair into a messy but elegant bun with a few strands let free. I wore Louboutin heels that had the signature red underside. Thalia stepped back to look at her human barbie doll.

"Judging by what Hadrian gave you to wear, he's either trying to find you a boyfriend or planning to keep you to himself," she said.

"I don't want to go," I whined to her for the 100th time.

"Fine. I'll go with him. He may be an angel but I can't lie that he's sexy. Even if it was for one night, I would totally-"

"I'll go!" I exclaimed. Her grin told me I had fallen into her trap.

"You like him!"

I clamped my hand on her mouth. "He will hear you. And I don't. We're friends."

She raised an eyebrow. "So the idea of him f*cking another girl doesn't make you jealous?"

I shook my head to remove the image. No way did I like him. I promised Pia I wouldn't. Like there's nothing to like about him. He was bossy and rude and demanding and freakishly strong and-

"You totally like him," Thalia said interrupting my thoughts.

"Whatever," I mumbled. "I don't like him."

The knocking on the door told me Hadrian had arrived. I slowly made my way to open it, not wanting to seem eager  and give Thalia the satisfaction. Hadrian stood leaning on the door frame looking amazingly good in a suit. He gave me a once over, pleased with what he saw. I flushed and turned to get my clutch bag. Thalia handed it over to me then gave both of us a pointed look.

"Have fun but not too much. But if you do, use a condom. Here," she threw one to Hadrian which he caught and pocketed.

"I already have some but you never know," he said smirking.

I was more than red. I was a never-seen-before shade of scarlet. This was just embarrassing.

"Thalia, I don't want to know why you have some and Hadrian, I'm not having sex with you."

"Yet," he told me.

"In your dreams, DiRomero."

#

WHYYYY AM I SO LAZY??

I'm so tired. And hungry. (today is just one of those days x)

Moving on from my childish rant, I would like to say that this book is half way done. *grins* And no, Hadrian and Rhea are not dating. Hadrian's just being Hadrian.

*Sends invites to the DiRomero party*

I'll be there, will you? ;) (I feel so cool saying that!)

XO Nyx_