Chapter Twelve

Songs for this chapter are:

Confident- Justin Bieber ft Chance the Rapper

That Girl- Justin Timberlake

--------------------------------------------
Justin's POV

"Bieber, nice of you to actually show up."

I rolled my eyes as I walked into the board room. I took my seat at the head of the table, next to Brandon- the co leader of the gang.

"So, what is this meeting all about." I sighed, leaning back in my chair. I crossed my arms over my chest. If this is another one of those pointless meetings someone in this room is getting killed. I could be at home right now, looking over Brooke.

Brooke.

I closed my eyes, I could almost picture her standing with me right now. After that phone call in the car where she told me she was actually thinking about me, I can't get her out of my head.

It made my heart flutter knowing she cares - even if it's just a tiny bit. She still cares.

"Bieber!"

I snapped out of my trance, looking up at Brandon, who was now standing over me.

I raised my brow, "Yes?"

"Are you even listening?" He bellowed, slamming his fists down on the desk.

I narrowed my eyes, who does he think he is? I am the leader of this gang and always will be. How dare he speak to me like that.

"Excuse me?" I growled, and Brandon looked a bit frightened, before re-instating how I "wasn't listening."

"Look," I started taking a step closer to him, "I never, and I mean ever, want to hear anything like that towards me again. So, take my name out of your fucking mouth, and continue with the meeting."

I sat back down, kicking my feet up on the table.

Ah, the perks of being leader.

Brandon lately had been getting a little too comfortable ever since I appointed him as co-leader. I needed an extra brain, especially since I brought Brooke into my life.  She had become a priority, and a lot of the stupid gang details I didn't want to deal with.  Brandon was simply a knight, or bishop, while I was still the king.  

Brandon hastily continued with the meeting, taking frightened glances at me every once in a while. "Hey," I looked to the right to see Daniel smirking at me, "nice one man."

I smiled back and we fist bumped. I actually listened to Brandon this time, pushing the thoughts of Brooke to the back of my mind.

"Alright, so the drug deals are very high, and we're all handling those well." Brandon concluded, before nodding at me. "Justin, would you like to take over about the other gangs?"

I sent him a quick nod before standing up. I walked around the room, making sure to make eye contact with every single one. "So, as you know, we are the strongest force at the moment." I allowed a few claps and hollers before I continued, "However, east side has been trying to make moves, and not on us."

Confused whispers filled the room before I hushed them, "They're after our claims. So from now on, bring them to these meetings. We usually don't allow it, but it is a price we're willing to pay." Of course, I was never included in this rule. If I wanted to bring Brooke to a meeting, I could do whatever the fuck I wanted. Today was not the day to do it, however, as my portion of the meeting was about how she was in danger.