Saving Kongpob, Mr. Busybody(9)

Arthit used to sleep quickly on laying his head on the pillow. He sometimes fell asleep with his hair wet after a quick shower. Especially in this semester, He had kept collapsing into bed almost every day, feeling extremely worn out, mostly because of the hazing practices.

[please take medicine not to get a cold]

However, tonight was quite different. He took a longer shower than usual. He also took a cold pill because he felt chilly even in the room. He was afraid he might have a cold coming on.

[drink warm water. I know you have a fever already.]

He drank hot water slowly, massaging his leg. All muscles and joints of his body were really sore and stiff. Besides, He had a sore throat and a fever around his neck. Maybe, it was because of too much tension today. He usually rode a bike, so it was a demanding job for him to drive the motorbike, especially carrying a pillion passenger. He was also afraid something dangerous would happen to his junior while his driving.

[dry your hair well, wear long sleeves]

He wore a long sleeve T-shirt, and completely dried up his wet hair with a blow-dryer though it was too late.

[sorry if I bother you.]

Kongpob started sending him a few messages continually. It was shortly after they said goodbye at the front of his room.

[I'll buy you another p-milk. sorry for spilling yours.]

"Why this kid has said sorry quite often these days?"

[I like the Sun.]

He felt his blood frozen, not wanting to know what it meant.

[In the Sky......]

"Oh, Sh*t! This bastard must come to ruin my life! What the f**k!"

[Good night. Can't wait for tomorrow]

He turned off the lights and lay on the bed. He adjusted his head on the soft pillow, pulling the bedsheet up to his chest.

"Arthit, Nothing happened to you tonight.",  he whispered.

The total darkness completely filled the room.

"Nothing happened.......between us."

He ignored he had saved the texts from Kongpob in the permanent storage of his phone.

".........no future together."

He finally fell asleep from total exhaustion.

-----

There was something in the room. It must have lurked so long in the dark. It slowly crawled up on the bed and slid inside the sheet. It sat up and looked down at Arthit for a while. Arthit couldn't move his body and even open his eyes at all.

The five fingertips touched on the nape of Arthit's neck. They slowly moved from his chin to lips to his cheek and finally reached his ear. It softly stroked Arthit's earlobe between two fingers, which made his toes curl. It made Arthit lie on his side and gazed at Arthit very warmly, lying right to his face. It ran its fingers through his hair, which was gentle enough for Arthit to moan delicately under its caresses.

'Why you lied to me?',  He realized it was a man with a deep, familar voice.

'Were you embarrassed?', He whispered against Arthit's hair.

'.........Yes, I was.'

Arthit didn't know who he was but he answered him obediently. The man's fingers brushed Arthit's lips as if he praised his reply.