Slaves Again Part 30

We invited Mauricia and America to our cabin that night. So far we had had excellent weather, not that much of a head wind and we seemed to be able to cruise straight to Jamaica. Pendleton said that the sea gods had favored us so far and he expected no problems weather-wise all the way to Kingston.

America and Mauricia had surmised, correctly, that Pendleton had discussed their secret plan with Jack and I and they appeared at the cabin door none too happy.

"So why the big secret meeting?" said Mauricia to Jack and I when they entered.

"How 'bout some coffee or tea?" I asked. I poured them each a cup of strong Jamaican coffee.

"Look ladies," said Jack.

"Oh so it's 'ladies' now," Mauricia said. "What happened to 'girlies'?"

"You'll have to make a difficult decision," said Jack. "We already know you were intendin' to stow away on our ship after Kingston. Not a great move," he said. "We would have caught you easily. You never had a chance."

"That no good skunk Pendleton squealed on us! So why are we here then if you know already," America said.

"Cuz we have a way that you can come to Charleston with us although we ain't yet convinced it's a good thing for us to do," Jack said. "And the good Captain Pendleton seems to be really on your side there ladies," he said.

"It's true," I said.

"So how is that we suddenly get to go to Charleston along with you fine young sailor boys?" America asked.

"As slaves," Jack said.

"Slaves? You're serious? Are you two plain crazy?" said America.

"It'll be a perfect cover for both of you - 'twas Pendelton's idea," Jack said. "At first we were totally against it. Then as Pendleton explained it more we realized that it was brilliant and that we can all get rich if we keep to the same story."

I then explained to America and Mauricia the exact details. When I concluded, America put her arms around me and said, "Jeremy, you do love me. We'll do whatever you decide as long as it involves us staying with you and Jackie."

"We're with you Captain Jackie all the way," said Mauricia and kissed him full on the lips.

"It's Captain Jack," said Jack.

"Aye, Aye, sir, Captain Jack," said Mauricia.