9

I was left standing there watching Calum walk away. It occurred to me that this might have happened to him the day I broke up with him. I wondered if he felt as bad as I do right this moment. I felt like I couldn't breathe, like my heart had fell completely out of my chest.

"What was that about?" Luke asked.

"What did-"

"I just meant you went after him. I didn't hear anything. You don't have to tell me unless you want to." He cut me off.

I thought for a moment. I could stand here and tell him everything or I could keep it from him. After all, he was Calum's friend.

"Can I trust you?" I asked.

"Of course. I might be Calum's friend but I consider myself your friend too." He stated.

So, I told him everything. He waited until I was finished to say something.

"Wow. I understand why he hated you now." Luke said.

"Well, thanks." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, I just mean what you did was shitty." He told me.

"I know. I regret it every single day. I loved him. I still love him." I whispered the last part.

"I'm sure deep down he still loves you or he wouldn't be fighting with you but you have to give him time. You stepped into our lives now and he can't just act like everything is okay." Luke explained.

I nodded. I didn't want to speak. I wanted to sit right where I was and cry until I couldn't cry anymore. Luke must have noticed because within seconds his arms were around me. I leaned into his chest and sobbed. He held me like a good friends should. It was nothing more than that and I was thankful to have someone like him in my life. After I cried for a moment I backed away from him and covered my face.

"You can cry around me. It's okay. I just have one thing to ask of you." He said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Please tell Michael and Ashton. Especially Michael. He really likes you and if you don't feel the same way it will hurt him." Luke frowned.

I loved how much Luke cared about his friends. I nodded and we began to walk back to the restaurant where Michael and Ashton were waiting for us.

"You guys okay?" Ashton asked.

"I need to tell you guys something." I said.

They nodded for me to continue.

"Calum and I have dated before. We were in love actually. I um, I broke up with him because I was becoming famous and thought I needed to focus on that. I realized that I needed him. I'm still in love with him but he hates me." I told them.

Michael's face fell.

"Michael I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's okay. As long as we can still be friends." He smiled.

"Of course."

"Why would Calum keep that from us?" Ashton asked.

"You know how he is Ash. If he's upset we have to pull it out of him." Luke said.

"We will go talk to him. Everything will be fine. He may not be able to forgive you right away but he could at least try and be nice to you." Michael patted my back.

I nodded and hugged him. We said our goodbyes and I made my way back to my house. When I got there, I changed into my pajamas and laid down on my bed. I didn't get under the cover I just laid there looking at then ceiling. After looking at nothing for so long I glanced over at the clock to see that it was 2am. I rolled over and finally fell asleep.

-dedicated to calumsthigh