Revelations

[A/N: Hopefully the last chapter cleared some things up? :) *licks you all*]

When Gemma woke up Pan wasn't there and there was a set of clothes laid out at the end of the bed. She picked them up and quickly got changed into the familiar lost boys clothing. She could feel the pulse of the stone on her chest. Peter walked back into the hideout. "Ah, you're awake." He walked over and handed her a bowl of food. Gem smiled in thanks and moved to the desk to eat.

Pan lay down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry about Geffy."

Gem turned, a sad smile on her face. "You call him Geffy?"

Peter sat up and cocked his head slightly to the side. "Yes. Why?"

"Well, it's just I was the only one who called him that. Only my father called him Geffy other than me."

"I'm also the only one who calls you Gem so I don't know what's the point."

Gemma rolled her eyes. "Anyway, he's always with me."

Peter nodded in understanding. "I understand he is the power that is swirling in your pendant but that doesn't fix the hole of losing the physical form of your best friend." Peter moved to the end of the bed and leaned forward towards Gem. "Come on, Gem. I know you're hurting."

Gem put down her food and turned towards Peter.

"Yes. It hurts. It hurts so bad. After my father died Geffy was the only family I had left because Stepmother had fired all the servants and hired her own. I refused to let her get rid of him. He was always there. He always knew. He always would place his paw on my shoulder to let me know he was there. He always knew." Tears were pouring down Gem's face.

Peter stood up and knelt in front of Gem before wiping away her tears.

"Gem, know this. He is gone and he will probably only visit you in your dreams, you might see him physically again but that all depends on Neverland. But, listen. I will always be here. I will never leave you. Do you understand? I will always be here for you."

Gem looked up and smiled before nearly jumping out of her chair and wrapping her arms around his neck. Peter held her tight. Finally they pulled apart. Gem kissed his cheek and stood up. She looked in the mirror and made sure she looked all right before walking out to the other lost boys. Peter was still kneeling on the ground, touching the part of his cheek that Gem had kissed.

Gem walked over to Felix and handed him her bowl. "The food was delicious."

Felix nodded in thanks. Gem went over to her log and Jonathan sat down next to her. "Are you OK, Gemmie?" 

She placed her arm around his shoulder and kissed the top of his head. "Of course I am, Johnny."

"Good." He noticeably relaxed. 

Peter stood up and sat on his bed. He was trying to figure out what was going on. He was so hurt to see Gem in so much misery. He wanted to do everything he could to make her feel better and he had meant everything he said. But when she kissed his cheek his heart had started to beat faster. Peter was so confused and so frustrated. He hadn't had to deal with girls for at least a hundred years. Peter ran his hand through his hair and let out an exasperated breath. "What is happening to me?"

Felix led out a group of boys into the forest for a hunt, Jonathan had gone with them. Now there was only 10 boys left and Gem. She was laying on her back watching the clouds slowly passing in the sky. She stood up and walked to Peter's tree. "I'm going to walk around the island."