Chapter 5

Josh

I laid silently in bed, looking up to the ceiling. I couldn't get Jennifer out of my head. She was all i thought about.

A knock on my door startled me from my thoughts.

"Come in" i ordered rising up from my sleepy posture.

It was Tyler.

I sighed and laid back down on the bed.

"Josh.. You haven't came out since that day.. Father wanted to see you for days now.. He has decided your punishment." He said standing in the doorway. I raised up on my elbows and frowned.

"Why didn't anyone alert me?" I asked

He shrugged his shoulders. "The maids are on duty in the palace."

I snatched the covers from my body and sat up.This was insane. This whole system is fucked up.

You lie, you die or get punished. You tell the truth you live and nothing happens to you.

This world is fucked up!

I put on a plain white T-shirt and jeans.

"Maybe it won't be that bad" Tyler said trying to sweeten it up.

I looked at him giving him no will to answer.
That was bullshit.

Whatever dad did.. Was to kill and destroy.

I opened the door and made my way to his room.

I entered, he was speaking to one of his fellow minions.
Great. More Humiliation.

I sucked up my feelings and stood there bold.

He cleared his throat. "Son i have decided your punishment."

I watched him get up and walk over to me. I stood sternly waiting for my Humiliation.

He looked into my eyes and said the words that stopped my heart.

"Kill the girl."

Sarah

I checked my appearance so many times in the mirror. I had to look my best and act the best. This decided My destiny. My future. My well being.

"Sarah?" Jenna said stepping in the doorway. I wore a strapless mid thigh creme dress and same color heels. My hair was down and curly.

I turned to her. She wore a flawless white dress that went down to her feet.

She smiled at me. "You look like the princesses you are"

She warmed my heart with her kind words.

"Thank you"

I walked over to her and hugged her.

I pulled away. "Remember.. Whatever happens i will be there for you." She said

I nodded. And we made our way down stairs ready for the change of our life.

~~

The ball was decorated with floral white lilies and creme coloring. Everyone danced and chatted, while i was destined to find the king.. He had to be around here somewhere.

"Sarah?" A familiar voiced asked surprised.

I turned around and was a little disappointed by who had called me.

It was Don. The person i had to wed if the king said i was the one.

After all it wasn't just me competing for this spot.