Chapter 9

Sarah

I woke up in Josh's arms. I slowly moved from his grasp and got up. He stirred a little and put his arm on his forehead.

I smiled.
After today. I couldn't see him, after today i won't be able to touch him, to hug him tight or hear his voice every second and minute.

"Having second thoughts?" I heard Cristin's voice on the side of me.

I jumped slightly, but recovered and looked over to him.

"Maybe.. I mean.. I can't love someone.. And then wed Don.?"

He sighed shaking his head. "Sar.. I don't know what to tell you.. I mean are you sure you even love this guy? i can't pick for you.. You have to"

I scoffed.

"The king made his final decision.. He sent me the letter.. There is no turning back.. Yes.. I do love him.. The whole week has been wonderful." i said my voice slightly cracking.

He shook his head in awe and walked up to me." You should be packing and getting ready.. The king sent a car to pick you up by 5" he said changing the subject.

I nodded accepting his decision.
Very well.

He nodded and went into the kitchen.

I went in my room and started to pack. I gathered all my belongings and importants on my bed. I went over to my dresser grabbing my brush, i came across a picture.

A picture of me and mom. I was so little then. We were at the beach on a sunny day eating ice cream. I grabbed the picture and smiled. I decided to take it with me.

I went on the side of my bed and got the suite case.. Putting everything in there neatly.

"Almost done?" Jenna said walking up to me.

I sighed. "Yeah.. I'm done alright"

She looked at me and smiled. "I know you are having a hard time with this but.. The king--"

"Jen.. I don't care what the king says.. I don't want to marry Don.." I trailed off sitting on the bed.

"But you have to Sar.. He has chosen you.."

I sighed. So what i killed everyone on the floor.. I was in the feeling.. I couldn't stop.. It was almost like i was hyp--

"Sarah! Are you listening?" She asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

She shook her head." Don't do anything i wouldn't do.. Now come he's waiting.."

I nodded.. And grabbed my suitcase, heading to the door. When i got downstairs i quickly looked to Josh. He was sleeping so peacefully. I walked over stepping right in front of him.

I starred at his frame.. And couldn't help but smile. I haven't known him for long.. But i felt like I've known him for years. The first time i laid my eyes on him at the creek, i fell instantly in love. Call it what you want.. Look at it a different way if you want. I've never felt more alive. And love made me feel just the same.

"Sarah.. He's waiting."

I glanced back at Cristin and Jenna, slowly turning back to Josh.

I leaned over and kissed him softly on the cheek.

I smiled and went over to the door opening it to my new life.

"We will miss you" Jenna said almost in tears.