Chapter 19

November 7, 2012

"Ugh. I can't wait to get these braces off. I swear, if these get any tighter that my teeth are gonna fall out due to pressure. I wouldn't even have these if Hannah didn't kick that ball in my face. Just knocked a tooth out of place, it didn't even fall out!" I complained.
"Well, at least your getting them off in July before school starts." Briar said.
"It hurts to talk." My braces were just tightened a few hours ago. I've had these since fourth grade. Fourth grade! It was the same process every couple of weeks. Tighten, pain, no pain, orthodontist, more pain. I call it "The Cycle of Pain" it was the worst.
"Hey Heidi. Hey Briar." That voice. It was Luke Montgomery. We waved.
"Omg. Briar, he talked to me. He noticed me! This is the best day of my life." I swooned. I started zoning out on him. Blonde hair, blue eyes, perfection.
"You said that last time he talked to us."
"Whenever he talks to us it is like a gift from heaven. He's so dreamy and handsome. I think that he is the cutest guy in school, maybe even the world." I said.
"There is probably a cuter guy somewhere else." I knew that was true. But when you are in love, everything seems so perfect and nothing matters but him. This is why Briar was my best friend. She listens to my long rants and doesn't care.
"He smells like the ocean."
"Well, he probably swims in it."
"He's so hot. And perfect. And amazing. And t-"
"Slow down. Your gonna get overwhelmed from all the complimenting. You are definitely the latest victim of the love bug."
"Who is?"
"Hey Luke." Said Briar.
"Hi Briar. Hi Heidi. What ya up to?"
"Up to I'm-hi." Oh my god. I'm making a fool of my self.
"She's fine. I think." Briar answered for me.
"Are you guys going to Madelana's party?"
"Party. Going to it. Heidi is. Yeah. Butter." What the heck was I doing?! Oh wait, I'm being an idiot!
"Briar, I think I'm gonna barf." I whispered.
"Um, we gotta go. She's gotta thing going on." Briar faked a laugh and started pushing me in the opposite direction.
"Bye." She yelled. We stopped at the park.
"What the heck was that? Butter, really?" She scoffed.
"Sorry, I had a panic attack." I snapped back.
"Yeah, no kidding. Let's go." We started walking and I tripped over a rock. I fell splat on my face.
"Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghh!" I cried out. My braces cut deep into my gum. I spit out a big wad of blood as tears streamed down my face. Briar pulled out her phone.
"Yeah, 911. My friend cut her gum and it's bleeding a lot. We are at Richardson Park. It's right off of Palm Tree Road. It's next to the basketball courts and we are in the hill. It's by the entrance. Ok, bye." I knew I was gonna need stitches. My face had a few cuts on it. I was in Briars mirror app.
"I look like I'm a toddler." I laughed.
"Your in shock, aren't you?" Yes, I was. I was cracking up and laughing my head off. I had a small pain tolerance. We heard the sirens. That was the last thing I heard before everything went black.
Flashback! Sorry it's really short and kinda crappy. The flashback chapters are just random little bits. I'll say so if they have to do with a chapter. So I hope that you liked it and thanks for reading.
~rainbowmorkie