Chapter 28

****
"Briar, are you ok. Your...spazzing out."
"You know how they are doing Sister Act as our play this year?"
"Yes."
"Not sure if you know but, I get to play Deloris!" She exclaimed.
"Well, I tried out for a part. I got Sister Mary Robert."
"Are you happy with that?"
"Heck yeah!" I yelled. We were walking home from school and we're going to go to Briar's house. I felt vibrating in my back pocket. It was my phone.
"Hello?"
"Hi Heidi. Do you have a second?" Asked Brayden.
"Yeah, why?"
"Something important that I need to tell you. Just meet me at, um, the woods."
"Ok. When?"
"ASAP."
"Bye."
"Bye." He sounded serious, desperate too.
"Briar we gotta go to the woods."
"Why?"
"I don't know. Brayden needs to tell me something important." We turned around and started walking the opposite direction. I thought he was sick. He wasn't in school and neither was Bridget.
"What's so important that you needed to tell me? And what happened to your face?" I asked as I approached him.
"Well, remember on our date how I needed to leave?"
"Yes."
"Well, I lied. The reason I left was because...." There was a long pause.
"Say something!" I nagged.
"BecauseI'mashapeshifterandeverynightIturnintoawolfbutimnotawerewolfanditsbeenhappeningsinceIwas12andihadtoleaveandimreallysorryishodhavetoldyoubefore!" He sputtered out.
"Wow. You're freaking out right now, aren't you?" He nodded.
"I don't care, to be honest."
"Really? You could understand all that?"
"Yeah." I said.
"Now, what happened to your face?"
"Oh, right. A werewolf happened."
"Would that ma-"
"No." he replied.
"So, that's it. I can go now."
"Yep."
"Well then, I'm gonna go now." He nodded and looked at me like he was questioning my sanity. I don't blame him. I was acting very weird.
"Briar, to the beach."
"Got it." I smiled and starting walking quickly in the opposite direction. Then started running, then sprinting until we made it to the woods by my house.
"What was that about? This is like the whole Luke incident again." Briar asked.
"I don't know! I'm freaking out! I don't know why but I am!" I screamed.
"I'm taking this horse by the reins, making redcoats redder with bloodstains." She sang.
"Lafayette!" I sang back. I know it's weird, but this is Briar calms me down and how she finds me in a crowd.
"Do I need to sing more?"
"No, you can though." I hinted.
"No thanks." Since the woods was right next to the beach, we could see it. Sometimes I wish I couldn't. Now, is a good example. I saw Sydney and Luke walking, which, by the way is our thing. They stopped. Stared out into the ocean. Then faced each other. Their mouths got closer until they finally touched.
"Come on, Heidi. I think it's time to go." She grabbed my arm and was attempting to pull me towards my house. I yanked my arm away and stomped toward them. Just before I was about to come into view, Briar grabbed me. What was into me? She was pulling me to my house as I was trying to go toward them. Eventually, I gave up and followed her. I didn't know what was going on. Like, since when have I ever acted this...weird and defensive toward something? I didn't know, but I'm gonna find out.
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in almost a week! And I'm also really sorry that this chapter was short and more of a filler chapter. I was lost for ideas. Therefore, the next chapter may not be published for a while. Well, I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.
~rainbowmorkie