Lies And Big Words That I Tracked Down On Google

[Ive been kinda excited to upload this chapter and lemme tell you in advance, it's a doozy ngl. A couple people suspected this too (but things aren't always what they seem ayeee) so long story short, goooooood luck]

I woke up way early. And by way early, I mean a whole hour before my alarm went off. Which was surprising, considering I'd gotten like 3 hours of sleep.

But I was really excited to go see Brendon for some reason. I really missed him and it'd only been a few hours since I'd last seen him, but I wanted to see him again. I sounded like a teenage girl too attached to a guy they liked. Well, objectively we were on the same page, yknow? The guy is like, the dream guy.

My computer sitting on the dresser across from the foot of my bed was still on, the skype app open like I'd accidentally left it last night. Patrick and Tyler had started a call without me (again), so I joined just to annoy them this early.

"-but it's a lifeguard sweatshirt-"

"And your stupid 'n' irrelevant point is?"

"Tyler, you can't swim to save your life!"

"I told you it's not my sweatshirt!" Tyler screeched at the highest pitch his voice would go while compensating for the wide smile on his lips.

"You're scaring Dallon." Patrick pointed at his screen and I waved.

"You and I have known him since like preschool. We both have scared him more than that." Tyler argued back. He wasn't wrong either, just stating solid facts. Solid facts I wish were lies.

"Like that one time when you pretended we were married just so you could check out the new houses in the neighborhood built for couples without getting hardcore judged. And by the way, the hand holding and all the times you tried to start making out with me, was definitely not necessary." I muttered to the camera and they both laughed so loud, the speaker crackled.

"But who's sweatshirt is it then?"

Tyler mumbled incoherently to himself and stared at his floor. He had an answer, he just didn't want to say it. Sneaky.

"What was that? Who's sweatshirt is it?" Patrick taunted louder and louder until Tyler gave up with an embarrassed smile.

"It's Josh's sweatshirt!"

"I knew it all along. Hey Dallon, if I swing by later today for some flowers can I trade you for some fries?" Patrick leaned closer to his laptop camera, checking out his nose for any marks left behind by the scented highlighter he'd been messing around with for the past minute while he tortured Tyler over the sweatshirts true owner.

"If you add some of those seasoned ones along to your offer, then it's a deal."

"Is that because Brendon likes seasoned fries? He's supposed be there with you all day, isn't he?" Tyler sighed dazedly and I nodded. We'd made plans earlier to not go anywhere and just stay open the entire day, nearing Valentine's Day and all. The holiday proved to be beneficial for customers who needed a quick place to drop by.

The clock on the corner of my screen flashed 8:15, and I pushed my hair into a decent position before beginning to shut the top. "I think I'm gonna head out early. See you guys later?"

"Yep. Have fun with Brendon today." Patrick waved with a wide smile.

"Make sure you use protection!" Tyler yelled in his small voice just before I left the call.

I found my blue flamingo shirt hanging in my closet and buttoned that up on the way downstairs while I searched for a pair of shoes that wasn't as fancy as the ones I usually took to the flower shop and what not. Those were nasty - I think I stepped in some dog shit last night in my driveway a couple days ago. Brendon would throw a hissy fit if that got anywhere near his carpet, even his welcome mat now that I think about it. Not a hissy fit - he'd just get really anxious and try for hours upon hours to prevent whatever worst case scenario his mind had come up with.