Chapter 9

"Alright, promise me you will go back home and tell your parents what happened. Also, if you need me, you can just call me, just use Siri okay?"

"Fine. But after that I'm coming right back here okay?"

"Okay, okay."

She pushes me out the door and helps me into the car again. When she stops the car, she helps me out and pushes me towards my house. The last time I was here, I told my dad I was going to the library. Now I'm going to have to tell him what actually happened because Jen is also going to be there. I told her she should go, but she insisted on staying.

"Mom, dad, as you can see..." I take a deep breath.

"I broke my leg and I'm blind." I say really quickly so they won't hear the last part.

"Can I go now?" I beg Jen.

"Okay fine, but first, do you have anything to say?" She asks my parents.

"Wait what happened?" My mom asked.

"Okay, nothing? Alright let's go Jen." I say hoping that she will actually push me away, but of course she doesn't.

"Well you see, Josh and I were on a date, in a tree and it started to rain. Then we started to climb down and I slipped."

"Jen! You said we could go after I told them what happened to me!" I yell right before she was going to tell them I risked my life for her. I start to push my wheelchair towards the way that I hoped was the door.

"Sorry Mr. And Mrs. Hutcherson, but I gotta go." She says quickly as she runs after me, she stops me right after I crash into a wall.

"See Josh, this is why you don't push yourself, you're going to hurt yourself!"