Chapter 13

-3 days later-

"You ready to go walk around?"

"Yeah. I think so."

She helps me get ready and holds my hand.

"If you don't want to go outside, you don't have to. If you are still tried, we can stay home.

I know Jen really wants to go to the mall with me, so I say yes, I'll go, even though my leg is killing me.

Jen leads me outside and walks to the mall. As we walk, every step I take, I bite my lips to keep myself from screaming in pain. I guess I'm still not ready yet.

"We're at the mall, I want to buy you something for birthday. Stay here and don't peak." She says.

I scowl at her, "Haha very funny."

She finds me a seat and goes into the store. After a couple of hours, she comes back out.

"I know your leg is killing you, we can go home if that's what you want."

"No, I'm fine." I lie.

We keep walking around to different place with me resting once in a while. Jen holds me steady when I start to fall, then she carries me to the nearest bench.

"Let's go home, you can't walk anymore."

"No, no, let's just keep going. I'll be fine."

"Alright, but if you fall, we are going straight home."

Jen helps me get up and pulls her arms around me to make sure I won't fall. We start walking again, then all of the sudden, my whole left leg goes weak and I lean on Jen for support. She catches me in time before I topple onto the floor.

"Josh, we're going home."

"I didn't fall, I can keep going."

She finds me a bench and sits me down. I sigh with relief, I can finally rest my leg.

"Stay here, I'll jog home and grab the car. I'll be back, do not go anywhere." Jen says as she runs home.

Even if I could walk, I'm not familiar with this place, so I'll probably run into things, or people.

-1 week later-

I think I'm getting used to walking now, so I'm going to start jogging. I jog around the neighborhood with Jen trailing behind, just to make sure I don't fall. I love the feeling of my muscles working, but my leg now feels numb. Jen pulls me into the wheelchair and walks next to me.

"Josh, I think you should just jog on the treadmill instead. Well, unless you want to carry around a wheelchair while you jog."

"Fine." I push myself up to the front door and hop out of the wheelchair. I limp up the steps and into the house, then I drop onto the couch. I sigh with exhaustion.