Chapter 12

-2 weeks later-

My left hip is so sore and my leg aches when I put pressure on it, so I fell, landing on my left knee. I crouch down onto the floor trying not to groan.

"Careful, you can hold on to the railings." My doctor says.

"Okay. Fine." I say as I search for the railing and pull myself up. After what seems like 2 hours of me just walking across the room, I crumble onto the floor with exhaustion. It has been so long since my left foot touched the floor.

-Next Day-

"Morning Josh."

I sit up and stretch my arms out.

"Do you want to sleep the whole day or walk around for a little bit?"

"Uh, I'll walk around a bit."

Jen helps me get dressed and puts on my leg brace. As I stand up, my leg is sore from walking at the doctor's, and without knowing it, I fall.

"Ahh." I whimper pulling my arms around my leg.

"I think you should sit down, I'll get the wheelchair."

I don't argue with her, I know I won't be able to walk today, so I let her help me sit on my bed.

"Here, sit." She turns me around and sits me in the wheelchair. She then pushes me to the kitchen and turns on the radio.

"Is your leg sore?"

"From like two hours of walking yesterday? No!" I say sarcastically.

"It wasn't two hours Josh, stop exaggerating, it was only half an hour."

"Felt like two hours to me."

"Stop. Now listen, I don't want you walking today, okay?"

"I won't don't worry, I won't even make it across the room without falling." I say while playing around with the valcro strips on my brace.

She pushes me into my room and makes me go to sleep. I wanted to get up and excises my leg a little, so I push myself upright. I can't fall, Jen will hear me then would stay in my room until she knows I'm asleep. I take my first step with right foot, then the next with my left. I reach out my arms in front of me so I won't ram into anything. I am half way across the room when I bang my head on something. My head screams in pain as I fall to the floor. I yell when my body slams into the ground. Helplessly I lay there, I'm not even going to try to move.

"Josh! What did I tell you!" She helps me up and carries me to my bed. I feel so weak I can barely hear her. I groan as my body hits my bed.

"Ow." I managed to say.

"Josh, you are going to break yourself if you keep trying to walk! Just stay in bed for the rest of the day okay? Please promise me that you will!"

I sigh, and I bring my head into my hands and squeeze my head so it could stop hurting.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to walk around, then I head my head on something. I promise I won't get up again." I say.

"Is your head okay? I'll get the doctor later, just stay in bed for the rest of the day okay?

"No, I'm fine." I lie as my head feels like it is about to blow up.

"You almost have me a heart attack! I thought you really hurt yourself Josh. Don't scare me like that, when I came in you were laying on the ground moaning with your hands on your head. I thought you cracked your head open. Don't do that Josh please!"

"I'm sorry, I'll stay here for the rest of the day."

My eyelids are heavy, but my head screams in pain. I squeeze my eyes shut, and somehow, I managed to fall asleep.