Chapter 10

She pulls open the door and helps me into her car.

"I want to move in with you Jen." There is a moment of silence. I can't see her expression, which makes me really mad.

"But Josh, this is your family. You any leave them!" I can tell she wants me to move in, but she also doesn't want to hurt my parents.

"Yes I can, if they didn't even care to go out and find me when I was gone, then they wouldn't care if I left them again."

"Josh, don't say that. They love you. They want you. They are your family."

"No they don't, they don't care about me, they don't care about anyone. They only cared back when Alan was still alive." I tried to hold back my tears as I said Alan's name.

"Josh, it's going to be okay, I promise."

I wipe away my tears and stare out towards what I think is the window.

-4 weeks later-

I finally can get out of my wheelchair, after two whole week of sitting in a stupid wheelchair, I can get up. Although I can get up, I still can't walk yet. I have to use crutches. By now, I have learned a couple of things, like how to listen for sounds, and go towards it without hitting anything.

Jen guides me into her car and drives me back to her house, well my house now too.

"So how do you feel finally not sitting all day?"

"Well, it's kind of nice, but I don't think it'll be easy for me to get around, esspically because I need to guide myself now. "

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'll help you around."