Part Nine

(A massive Hall full of bright colours and beauty with many tables covered in food)

(Characters onstage: Narrator, Isaac Ambrose, Isabeau Collins, Marcus Collins, Sarah Walker (Star) and Aiden Peters)

(There is a bowl with masks in on a table by the stage right exit)

(Narrator is near centre stage)

(Aiden Peters and Isaac Ambrose are by the right stage exit)

(All characters apart from Isaac Ambrose and Narrator are in BLACK and WHITE masks)

Narrator: Today is the day of the party! The teachers decided at the last minute that they would all be in masks to help bonding... Good luck with that!

Isaac Ambrose: Great... no black or white ones left... only a red one...

Aiden Peters: Two red ones... oh well, guess you got to wear it! I mean I doubt it'll look that bad...

(Isaac Ambrose puts it on and ties it)

(Aiden Peters smiles)

Aiden Peters: Don't know about you but I could seriously do with a drink... I'm going to grab one from the table...

(Aiden Peters walks to the table)

(Isaac Ambrose sighs and goes to the middle of the dance floor)

(Enter Lola Archer - Stage Right)

(Lola Archer picks up the red mask and wears it)

(Lola Archer walks into the middle dance floor)

Isaac Ambrose: Nice mask...

(Lola Archer smiles)

Lola Archer: Is that because yours is the same colour? I guess it's what I get for being late...

(Isaac Ambrose shrugs)

Isaac Ambrose: So... what are you doing here... in the middle of the dance floor?

Lola Archer: Hoping someone will be brave enough ask me for a dance...

Isaac Ambrose: Well Miss... would you do me the honour of dancing with me?

(Lola Archer smiles)

(Isaac Ambrose and Lola Archer dance)

(All character but Narrator dance)

Lola Archer: Dare I ask what your name is? Only I like to know the name of the people I dance with...

Isaac Ambrose: You dare to but I will not answer you... I guess you will have to call me something else if you would like to?

Lola Archer: Oh I don't know... how about 'Angel eyes'...?

(Isaac Ambrose smiles)

Isaac Ambrose: You can call me that but why 'Angel eyes' may I ask?

Lola Archer: Your eyes... they are blue? Didn't you know?

Isaac Ambrose: Can't say I did but thanks for telling me... you dance really well...

(Lola Archer smiles)

Lola Archer: You're not so bad yourself... Wow... it's like I can't leave you... like something's preventing me from leaving...

Isaac Ambrose: I promise it's not my doing, I would never do that to you...

Lola Archer: I know... calm down!

Sarah Walker (Star): Who do the two in red masks think they are?! It makes me so mad! Why can't they look like everyone else rather than trying to be different! They are not different! They are no different than either of us!

Isabeau Collins: Out comes the green-eyed monster!

Sarah Walker (Star): What? What do you mean? I'm not jealous. Not at all, I'm glad I rejected your brothers invitation! I mean he was so rude to me, using me as a last resort!

Marcus Collins: Star... please dance with me! I beg of you!

Sarah Walker (Star): You're starting to sound... what's the word... desperate...

Isabeau Collins: Well I'm going to dance with Marcus while the two red masks dance...

Marcus Collins: Isabeau! DON'T MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF! I DON'T WANT MEN MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YOU!

(Marcus Collins grabs Isabeau Collins' arm)

Isabeau Collins: LET GO BROTHER, YOU'RE HURTING ME!

(Aiden Peters walks to her)

Aiden Peters: Let her go!

Marcus Collins: No! I won't! I want to protect my sister from people like you! Men that shouldn't be sniffing round her! She's better than you! A lot better and she deserves to be treated with respect!

Aiden Peters: EXACTLY! SO SHOW HER SOME RESPECT AND STOP BEING CRUEL TO HER! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE IT! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE IT AT ALL! LET HER GO AND STOP BEING HORRIBLE TO HER!

(Marcus Collins punches Aiden Peters)

(Marcus Collins falls back)

(Isaac Ambrose walks over)

Isaac Ambrose: Marcus... are you ok? You're bleeding...

Isabeau Collins: WHAT DID YOU DO?! YOU MONSTER!

Isaac Ambrose: What?! NOTHING I SWEAR!

Isabeau Collins: Not you, my brother!

(Isaac Ambrose walks away)

(Lola Archer grabs him gently)

Lola Archer: Wait! Angel Eyes... what is it? What is wrong?

(Isaac Ambrose's fangs grow)

Isaac Ambrose: It's the... the blood... I must leave...

(Isaac Ambrose runs off stage - stage right)

Lola Archer: WAIT!

(Lights dim)

(End of Part Nine)