Part Fourteen

(Scene: Archer households living room)

(Characters onstage: Narrator, Mr Archer and Lola Archer)

Narrator: Mr Archer isn't at all happy about Lola and her choice of lover... I wonder if he knows about the part where he's undead and sprouts fangs...

Mr Archer: Lola! I SAID NO DATING! YOU MAY NOT DATE THIS GUY! YOU BARELY KNOW HIM!

Lola Archer: It feels like I know him, like I've known him all my life, I don't care how weird that sounds. I just know some how him and I are meant to be, we WILL be together! I want to be with him... just not forever!

Mr Archer: If you can't see you two lasting 'forever' then I can't see you lasting at all! Thank God! Lola my dear, you have finally come to your senses! Why didn't you listen in the first place! Kids these days, they never listen. You tell them not to date and they date and worst of all, they date a boy they have just know with parents that their parents don't know! For goodness sake! Can it actually get any worse?!

Lola Archer: No dad, you don't understand. I can't spend forever with him because... because... because...

Mr Archer: Because what Lola, spit it out girl! I haven't got all night!  

Lola Archer: Because... HE'S A VAMPIRE!

Mr Archer: Would you repeat that dear? I thought I heard you say 'Vampire'... I'm hoping that is not what you said and I completely misheard you... please tell me I'm right Lola! Tell me you didn't say 'Vampire'!

Lola Archer: Yes Dad, I said 'Vampire' and Dad, I love him, I do, I love that man to death, I will love him till the day I die

Mr Archer: Dating a vampire is sure to shorten your life! He'll probably love you to death... yes that's right, he'll kill you with love... with a love bite!

Lola Archer: DAD! DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO RUDE! YOU'VE NEVER EVEN MET HIM! I BET YOU WOULD BE FINE IF HE WERE HUMAN! I BET YOU'D EVEN RESPECT HIM IF HE WERE HUMAN! WELL YOU KNOW WHAT DAD?! I LOVE HIM! I REALLY DO, I FEEL LIKE I BELONG WITH HIM, HE CAN HAVE MY LIFE IF HE WANTS IT AS LONG AS I CAN HAVE HIM!

Mr Archer: LOLA! FOR GOODNESS SAKE GIRL! HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT LOVE IS?! YOU'RE A CHILD! A SIMPLE, YOUNG CHILD! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU LOVE! I STILL REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE KISSING THE POSTER OF YOUR FAVOURITE BOY BAND! LOLA! DON'T THROW YOUR LIFE AWAY FOR A VAMPIRE YOU MIGHT ONE DAY STOP LOVING AND REGRET EVERYTHING!

Lola Archer: Dad! You silly man! I love Isaac, of course I do but I won't become a vampire, he can live with me as a human! If he doesn't like it then it's simple, we weren't meant to be together and you will get your wish Dad. I'll be sad and alone, never to be happy again because our hatred of people we have never met and don't know anything about...

Mr Archer: They are family who sprout fangs and drink blood, there isn't much else that I need to know now is there. As a hunter, you need to realise that you can't go round dating vampires, it always ends with their teeth on your neck or any where they can get them. They will settle for anywhere, I guarantee it!

Lola Archer: Well I am curious about his family, I want to meet them, I want to get to know them and see how they have survived all these years. I think it's interesting, very interesting. I mean, who knows how old they all are! Some of them might have even been born vampires!

Mr Archer (sarcastically): Great so not only is my daughter dating a vampire, she could be dating a very old one. More really good news!

Lola Archer: Then don't think about their age! Just see them as people with... with... well with ways different than our own! You always say that we should welcome people of different cultures! Come on Dad! See this as an adventure! I love him and you are just going to have to get used to it! Simple as! It's not like I'm planning to have kids with him!

Mr Archer: THANK GOD FOR THAT! I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOU HAVING A HALF VAMPIRE SPAWN WITH SOMEONE A LOT OLDER THAN YOU, ESPECIALLY WHILE YOU ARE  STILL A CHILD! 

Lola Archer: DAD! CALM DOWN! I DON'T WANT KIDS THIS YOUNG! I WANT A CAREER FIRST! I LOVE KIDS BUT I WANT TO BE A LAWYER DAD! I WANT TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY MY OWN WAY! I DON'T WANT TO BE A SLAYER DAD! I WANT TO BE NORMAL AND FIND JUSTICE ANOTHER WAY! I MEAN IT DAD! I WON'T CHANGE MY MIND!

Mr Archer: This is all that freaky vampire's doing! HE'S CHANGING YOU LOLA! DON'T YOU SEE, HE'LL KILL YOU WHEN YOU CANNOT FIGHT BACK!

Lola Archer: No way! I know him, I've seen him! He runs away from blood! He doesn't drink it from people! I know I can trust him! So why can't you trust me dad! Please?!

Mr Archer: Ok Lola, fine, I'll trust you but I know I'll have to look after you! I just know it! He'll dump you for a girl he can live with forever.

(Lights dim)

(End Of Part Fourteen)