Chapter 47: The Abyss

(O.D.D.- I'm still continuing this story--it's just that I'm busy with plotting other stories and trying to make everyone happy with them.  This story isn't dead 'cuz I'm just really busy, but I'll do my best for everyone! (ò_óˇ))

"D**n...this place really dark..."

Pewds shadowed his eyes as he looked around.  Nothing but black could be seen.

Mark swallowed audibly.

"I never liked this part...."

Simon inclined his helmet-head at the ravenet as he unbuckled himself from the elevator seat.

"'This part'?"

Mark caught himself and laughed sheepishly.

"I-I mean, I'm pretty scared of, uh, sending the ARK-thingy into space while wandering around this place." 'Can't tell them that their life is a game to us--literally.  They would think we're crazy!'

Simon blinked, red lights flickering.

"Okaaaaay...." He stood up and exited the elevator, glancing around. "Cath, where do we head next?"

"We need to head to the building of course.  It shouldn't be too far away.  And before you take me off of this contraption, make sure you stay in lit areas......." Catherine sighed. "....You don't know what could be down here."

Simon went back to the elevator and disconnected Catherine from the elevator, taking the Omnitool with him.

Chey peered out into the darkness, adjusting her glasses.

"I think...I can see a light over there."

Cry also spotted the small light not too far from the group; the brunet glanced over his shoulder to look at the others.

"Alright guys. Stay close to each other, we don't know what spooky sh** exists down here."

As they walked towards the small light checkpoint, Cry noticed that Simon was having trouble walking against the strong current of the abyss. The brunet frowned contemplatively under his mask before focusing his wind magic.

Simon stumbled slightly at the sudden change of pressure and noticed that an air bubble was surrounding him. The diving suit turned to look at Cry with--what seemed to be--surprise.

"Cry? You don't have t--"

"Nah, buddy. It's alright. And Pewds is already helping out everyone else at the moment with his bubbles."

At the sound of his name, Felix looked over at Simon and Cry before pouting.

"Cry!"

"What?"

Pewds flailed his arms around.

"I'm supposed to be the King of Bubbles! You're taking my title away!"

Cry blinked owlishly before laughing brightly.

"Sorry Pewds! But it's best you don't strain yourself!"

The blonde huffed before cracking a smile.

"Thanks, bro."