Chapter 22: The Little Girl and Her Spiritual Friend

Cry slapped his face and pinched his arm.

"Agh....it's not a dream! I became a freaking chibi!"

The brunet sighed before climbing off of the stool, putting it back in its original place.

He exited the bathroom after unlocking it and headed back to the room he woke up in; the brunette girl was sitting on her bed, swinging her legs off the side while hugging a pink bunny to her chest.

She looked up at him when she heard a shuffle of feet.

"...Your cheeks are red...do you have a fever?"

Cry sweatdropped mentally.

'Probably from slapping myself.' "Nope, I'm fine...um...what's your name?"

The girl blinked before blushing slightly out of nervousness--the first emotion Cry got to see from her.

"Jodie. You can call me Jodie."

Cry blinked his eyes in surprise at the familiar name; it was then that he saw and icy-blue light circling the girl--there was a line connecting itself to the her.

He shook off his stupor when he realized that he was silent for too long.

"Ah. Well, you can call me Cry."

Jodie tilted her head at the peculiar name before quirking her lips up into a small, shy smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Cry."

Cry grinned brightly as he walked up to the girl, extending a hand out before grinning wider when she accepted it.

"Likewise, Jodie! It's nice to meet you."