Chapter 3: Instant Planning

Author note: all in Sans and Papyrus' POV. Don't worry, reader will have more chances X3 and I am so sorry about the extreme feels some of you may have endured during that.

---------

Sans' POV:

Entering the office, I look up to see Undyne and Officer Denis doing a fist pump and I winced a bit in sympathy as his fingers almost broke on impact. Until my soul gave that sad tug and I went into serious mode. "PUNK, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Undyne turned to me as she said this, hands on hips and giving a frown. "You know me, I'm just 'hanging' out" I pointed to an old Halloween decoration no one bothered to put away, a small hanging skeleton. Undyne groaned while the officer laughed heartily. "Good One Sans! But your the one who called us here. What do ya need bud?" ah, straight to the point as always, never beating around the bush. I stepped closer and leaned against the wall, too lazy to reach a chair "I found a HATE soul yesterday" I heard a gasp from my right and jumped, Papyrus usually wasn't this quiet, why didn't I notice him there? "Geeze bro, when did you become so stealthy?"

"SANS, WHERE DID YOU FIND THEM?" he sounds worried, oh no, that usually means he wants to help. My smile must have looked strained because he then gave me a stern look "YOUR NOT GETTING ME OUT OF THIS SANS, I WANT TO HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN" damn it Paps, don't use that stern look against me. "YO PUNKS, JUST LET HIM JOIN, YOU CAN HELP TOO SANS!" Papyrus finally started to look excited and I internally groaned. Now I not only have to rescue you, but I also have to make sure that Papyrus doesn't get hurt. "Alright, Sans, do you have a layout of the place we are stationing ourselves?" Denis asked in his business like tone. I shuffled forward and placed a device on the table, tapping it. A holographic image of the place appeared as well as the band members. "This here, the guitarist, is the HATE soul" I tapped the screen and it zoomed in. Seeing your form again made him uneasy because you were in such a revealing outfit. "The one in the middle is an extra bonus on this mission. A COMPLIANCE soul, broken by what I can only assume is the guitarist. He is the only one stronger than her on this stage" I tapped her form and it gave a picture of how I saw it. Making this projection was hard but useful. I may be a lazy bones but this was necessary.

I looked up to see Undyne was gritting her shark like teeth together, a cracking sound coming from where her hands were on the table. "She was mostly the reason I called Undyne. Her soul is calling out but every monster who attempted, was dusted" she flinched at that and let go of the table. "So what I'm getting from this is that her soul is the obeying type?" I nodded to Denim as he scratched at his scalp in confusion. "A COMPLIANCE soul is rare, more rare than if you somehow found a pink soul, which is saying alot since that is a mixture of two main attributes" "how is it rare?" he seemed confused by this and looked closely at your form, trying to decipher what, Sans didn't know. "Her soul is the very culmination of her being. She is the one to obey commands given by the strongest soul she encounters. You won't find many who just listen to what their told right on the dot" it also means she doesn't believe she will have freedom anytime soon.

"BUT HOW WILL WE BE SNEAKING IN, YOU LABELED IT A MONSTER HATE COMPLEX" Papyrus asked in confusion, a hand under his skull and squinting at the picture as I double tapped to zoom out of the stage. "Papyrus is right, I mean, I am completely blue and red" I almost laughed at that but Undyne was right there....unless we changed the color by using makeup. "Well you can 'make up' with changing colors" Denim snorted at the pun and Papyrus looked horrified "SANS!!" I looked to Undyne for a reaction and saw her biting her bottom lip and shaking. Score. "Okay okay, enough puns from me" I said with a bigger grin, pleased by the responses. "Undyne and I could easily sneak in. I could get us backstage since I've been in the place already. Their bouncers don't know the meaning of work" I rolled my eyelights in exasperation at their lazy guarding, reminded me of me sort of. "Sans, your one to talk, mister I like to take breaks during sentry duty" Undyne joked, smacking my back and making me stumble forward onto the table. I groaned in slight pain as the device under me hit my ribcage "oops" came the sheepish reply.

Papyrus' POV:

I worried about Sans after Undyne just patted him on the back. "SANS? ARE YOU ALRIGHT BROTHER?" I held him up to inspect and saw no damage but he had a frown which almost made me drop him in surprise, Sans rarely frowns or looks grumpy. Thats when I noticed the small device fall, already a mess of wires, broken. "UNDYNE, YOU BROKE THE MAP!" I cried out as I let go of Sans to pick up the pieces. Sans worked very hard on this last night. I watched him make it, I heard him toss and turn before that, Sans seemed to really want to help with getting you out. I heard a sigh from Sans and saw his small smile from the corner of my eyesocket "it's alright bro, I can always make another one and besides, they have the details now" I cafeully put the pieces onto the table and looked at Undyne who was looking a bit guilty and rubbing her neck, a nervous sign that she got from Alphys. "Sorry about that Sans. I guess I got carried away" I smiled at the apology. Sans only shrugged but I could tell his smile was once again, strained. "Snow problem, I can redo it" I felt myself twitch at the pun, THE INSUFFERABLE PUN! I threw my hands up and made a noise of annoyance "GAH, I AM DONE. YOU CAN GET HOME YOURSELF SANS!" and with that, I walked out. But I wasn't going home just yet. I need to check and see if the police databanks will show who this guitarist truly is and who you were.