Chapter 8

A couple of days passed and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Mo Guanshan and He tian just came back from seeing his mother and stopped on the way back to the house, to get some groceries.

"What do you want for supper?" Mo glanced over at He tian and then shook his head. "Don't tell me you want beef stew again." "Why not?" "You can't just live on beef stew, you idiot!"

Flinching very slightly, Mo frowned when he felt the other's hand on his head. "I love your beef stew though..." Rolling his eyes, Mo sighed. "Fine...but it's the last night that I'm making it. So you'll just have to deal with whatever I cook tomorrow night."

Noticing someone out of the corner of his eye, He tian grabbed Mo by the arm. "What the F*ck-" "Just shut up and leave your stuff here. We'll get take out from down the street." He tian started to drag Mo out of the store.

*

Once they were outside, Mo scowled at He tian. "What the hell was that all about?" "We're being watched." "Wh-what?" Feeling his heart start to pound, Mo suddenly felt nervous. "Don't worry, I won't let those a**holes lay a finger on you." Mo heard the tone of He tian's voice and he believed him in an instant. "Where are we going to eat?" His stomach rumbled as if to ask the same thing and He tian grabbed Mo's hand. "Down the street. There's a take out place there that sells a bunch of stuff. Stay close though..." Nodding, the red haired male didn't oppose to them holding hands.

They walked down the street and Mo couldn't help but look over his shoulder every few minutes. "Hey...everything will be okay. I already told you that I won't let anything happen to you." "I know...but-" "There's no room for any f*cking buts...I will do whatever it takes to protect you." Mo felt his heart clench tightly in his chest at the other's words, but he kept quiet.

"Is this the place you were talking about?" Glancing up at the building, his eyes widened. It was a really nice place. He looked down at his regular clothes and suddenly felt indifferent. "Don't worry about it. It might look polished, but it's actually pretty sh*tty inside. They make one hell of a burger, though." Opening the door for the other male, He tian waited for him to go inside.

"If you say so..." Mo stepped inside and instantly knew what He tian had been talking about. The place definitely was shabby on the inside.

The inside was like a little cafe and only had a few chairs laid out with a couple of tables. A soda machine sat in the far corner of the room and Mo looked back at He tian as he came inside as well.

"Hello there, what can I get you?" "Oh..uhm..." The red haired male looked over at He tian and he noticed the other male walk right up to the man. He let out a soft sigh as he turned his gaze to the rest of the place. It was pretty sh*tty looking, but it also looked comfortable and homey.

*

"The food's ready, let's go back to your place." "Oh, okay..." "You okay?" "I'm fine." Mo forced himself to nod, even though he had just been spaced out pretty badly right now. His thoughts had gotten the best of him again.

Once they left, He tian took Mo's hand again. Just as they started to walk, Mo bumped into He tian's back. "Why the hell did you sto-" "Hello, uncle." Mo felt his blood run cold and he instantly went still. Their hands were still intertwined and he felt the other male give his hand a squeeze. "There's no need to hide, boy. I wish you no harm." Mo felt a shiver roll up his spine when he heard the other male speak and he wasn't sure what he should do.

"Move aside so I can see him, He tian." "Like f*cking hell I will." "I've already seen what he looks like, so you really have nothing to hide." "We've already talked about this, uncle. I told you to stay your distance and I would do the same." "Yes, well, that's a problem. You have moved out of my penthouse. Why?" "I told you, I want nothing to do with the 'family'." "So it's his fault then?" Things suddenly got quiet and Mo decided to steal a glance around He tian. He seen two burly looking men walking their way and he swallowed nervously.