Chapter Ten: Strawberries

I woke up to Will next to me. God, was he beautiful. Maybe even more beautiful than me. Hah, let's not get too crazy here. Anyways, he was sound asleep. Which comes as no surprise to me since we did have a pretty eventful day and night yesterday. 

No, we did not do it. 

We had a very long, meaningful conversation all last night about who Matthew was and basically just about who each of us were. We never really got to know eachother before. Most of the time we either fought, didn't speak at all, or talked about some nonsense. It was good to have that conversation with him. Even though he did fall asleep half-sentence at 4am this morning. 

I got out of bed quietly, not wanting to wake him. I looked to the clock and it read 9:47am. Normally, I never slept that late, even in the summer or when I had fallen asleep at 4am. I guess you could say I'm a night-owl and an early bird. Not very typical for a teenager. Then again, I'm not typical so I guess it fits. 

I walked into the closet to get a change of clothes to take into the bathroom for when I got out of the shower. Grabbing a green T-shirt and some blue jean shorts, I walked out of my room into the bathroom. I took off my clothes, which by the way were the same clothes I was wearing yesterday, and stepped into the shower. 

After a few minutes of just standing there in the hot water, I heard the door crack open and became a little freaked out. 

"Who's there?" I asked from the shower. 

A male voice spoke up and I realized whom it was, "It's Will. Sorry for interupting, I just need to use the bathroom. Good morning though!" 

That was a little disturbing but whatever. I started to lather my hair in shampoo and once finished, conditioned it. The smell of strawberry filled the room. It was for sure my favorite scent. 

I finished in the shower and got out. Once fully dressed, makeup and hair included, I walked downstairs to the smell of pancakes. They had sugared cream cheese and sliced strawberries in the middle, with chocolate syrup on top. The perfect breakfast. Never did I really eat breakfast, normally just coffee. But you can't pass up strawberry-packed pancakes. 

"Hello beautiful." Will greeted me, sitting at the island on the barstool. That smile. It's nothing but perfect. 

"Hi," I walked over to where he was, sat down beside him and gave him a peck on the lips. "Thank you for talking with me last night. It meant alot to me." Smiling, I stared him in the eye.

He took me into his arms and kissed the side of my forehead. 

"I enjoyed it. I enjoyed getting to know you." 

Hold on for a second, has Will Bennett turned soft from love? I think yes. It is only the power of my work that can do something like that. Either way, I loved Will. Mean or sweet, he was my love. 

"Good," I smiled and began to eat my food. "So what are we gonna do today?" I asked Will, curious to know if he had any plans for us. After all, we did do alot yesterday so I probably shouldn't expect him to have any big ones. 

He chewed his last bite of food and wiped his face with a napkin. 

"Not really anything big. Maybe we can go down to the river and get in the boat, go fishing?"

Fishing? Really? Will Bennett did not seem like the guy to fish. Not in a million years would I have guessed little rich, Mercedes driving, preppy boy Will would be a fisherman.

I nearly choked on my food from how much I was laughing. I'm sorry, it caught me off guard.

"Are you freaking serious? Fishing?" I laughed more. It was uncontrollable. I probably sounded like a bitch when I said that, but hey, I am definitely a straight-forward type girl. It's who I am. I probably get it from my mom.