Chapter Nine

Yeah. It's official, I'm falling for him. Me, Raleigh, falling for Will. It's hard to grasp, even myself cannot seem to really wrap my mind around it. But hey, love comes at the most unexpected times. 

"I was just a little rusty, you know." Will broke the silence as I buckled my seatbelt. "I really won." Ah, theres the real Will coming out. I knew he was in there somewhere, he can only be nice for so long. It's whatever, though. I know he didn't win and that's all to it. I'm just better at this than him.

I rolled my eyes and looked straight forward, "Okay, Will. Alright." 

No need to fight with him, I know I'd win that too. Lets just say he isn't very structured when it comes to arguing. That's just an upside for me though, so I'm not worried. 

We arrived back at the Bennett household. Only 37 mores day until I am living in my own house, in my own room, on my own street. Just me, mom, and Val. Like it used to be. I cannot wait for that day to come. I mean, I love living in the same house as my boyfriend, but I hate it too. Because when I see him I don't get that, 'Omg it's been forever since I've seen you!' feeling. I get the 'ole, 'Oh, there you are. Haven't seen you in two minutes.' feeling. Not cool.

"Thanks, blondie." I said to Will after he opened the door for me. He's sweet at times. I really enjoy those times. 

"Welcome, babe." I hate when he says that. I'm not a baby pig, bro. He knows I hate being called 'babe' and I know he hates being called 'blondie', so we're even. For now.

We walked into the house together and saw Pamela or Gretchen, I can't remember what her name was. The death glare she was sending both Will and I wasn't very, uh, welcoming. We didn't have a curfew so i don't understand why she was so upset.

"Where were you two?" Oh, right. We never told her we were leaving. Oops. I think we were left in charge of Valorie and Logan. But they are fourteen. I was left to babysit when I was fourteen, I think they can handle themselves.

Will and I exchanged the 'oh crap' look and he spoke up, "Went to go ride dirt bikes down at a track near Raleigh's house." 

"I believe I left you two to sit the kids."

"They're fourteen, Pamela." Ah ha! Pamela. I knew that was her name. It's why I always said that one before Gretchen. Yep. 

"It doesn't change the fact I left you two in charge and you let me down. After everything I have given to this household? Absurd." She stormed off into the elevator, which took her to her destination. Her suite in the basement, that is. 

I laughed at the sight. I felt bad though, she does do alot around here and no one really notices. She cooks, cleans, nanny's, takes care of the landscape, etc. She needs some time off. That's exactly what she's about to get.

"Will," I said with a sudden urge in my voice and my mind in exploration mode. "Come with me." And we set off, to the pool house that was.

~.~

"Surprise!" The screaming of all five Bennett's and two Johnson's bursted out. "We did it all for you, Pamela. I hope you like it." I walked up to her with a big smile spread across my face and my eyes bright. 

With a confused look on her face, she looked at me. Not saying a word, she didn't have to. I knew we were in trouble.

"Alright, guys. Clean it up." I demanded. I looked at Pamela and she looked confused, once more. " What is it?" I asked.

She drug me into the foyer and spoke to me, "I'm not mad at you, honey. It's just that same thing happened right before my husband left me some years ago." She explained. "He threw a huge surprise party and we had the best time. We danced, we laughed, we drank, we ate. We did it all. Then the next day he was gone. He wanted to see me smile and enjoy myself once more before he left and took my happiness with him. I haven't enjoyed myself since."