Living With That Bennett Boy

You'd think with it just being me and my sister, Valorie, it would be easy to live a fun, carefree life. But that is not the case. My dad died when I was 13, leaving my mom as a widow of two fatherless children. So, since his death, things have been a bit rough on us. 

My mom hasn't planned on getting married anytime in the near future. Thank goodness. I'm not sure if I'd be so happy about that. Especially if the guy had kids. I wasn't really the children type girl. Trust me, ask my sister. She'd know, by all the times I was a horrible babysitter. Being five years older than her, is a great advantage. 

Having the name, Raleigh, is awesome. I love bragging to people such as my friends, with names as, Chloe or Rachel. You know, those typical names. Like, I don't brag, but I do tell them I love my name. 

"Raleigh babe. Time for dinner. " My mother, Diane, called from the bottom of the stairs. Right when I got up from my bed, closing my computer, I heard Valorie running down the stairs like the hooligan she is. 

"Coming, mom!" I replied back to her yelling.

Once I got downstairs I looked up at mom, who was serving the food to Valorie and I, and laughed. Not for any particular reason. Guess I just felt like it?

"Whats with you, Sunshine?" Valorie asked, with a cheery tone of voice. 

"Oh, nothing. Just happy today." 

"Oh really? Is that the honest truth?" Mom asked me with a raise of a thin, brown eyebrow. 

"Yes, mom. Can't I be happy?" 

"Well I'm afraid you won't be after I give you a bit of information," My mom had informed me.

"I was at the mall with Jamie yesterday, and you know how her husband just closed their divorce? Well anyways, she had run into her old guy friend from highschool and his single friend, Kyle. Kyle and I got to talking while Jamie and George went for some ice cream. He asked me out on a date this upcoming Tuesday. You alright with that?" She announced to Val and I as she put the potatos on our plates. 

"Okay, I guess. I mean, I'm not stoked about it but its your life and you can do whatever you feel like. I have plans on Tuesday anyways."

She looked over towards me as she sat down. Gave me the and-those-are kind of look. I gulped down my bite of green beans and opened my mouth to speak, just as Val spilled her drink. 

"Valorie!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and hit her arm.

"I'm sorry, Rae. It's just, you have plans?" She emphasized with a grin overcoming her tan, little face.

"Yes, for the matter of fact. I do. Very good ones too. Shut your mouth, midget." I said as I shook my head in front of her face.

"Both of you, stop it now. Eat." Mom interupted our little, 'pow-wow'

Mom was getting better at the whole, 'break-up-the-fight' senario. Which is a good thing. My dad was the strict one out of the two. I appreciated that. Every teenager or child, needs good discipline some point in their life.

~~~~~~~

The next morning arose. Sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Tempature was probably around the near 100's. Which is normal here in Florida. I pulled the covers off of me and shoved my blonde, satin hair into a messy bun. Then jumped out of my warm, heavenly bed. 

It was just around seven AM in Miami. The beaches roaring and the people hollering and yelling, just having a good time. Yes, I lived in a beach house right on South Beach. Jealous? I loved it on the beach. I could just sneak a peek at the hotties that hung down on the beach all summer long. 

It was summer here and time for some bonfires and chill-outs. Bonfires is what most of the teenagers did on weekends. Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, we'd gather together and blast music while drinking pop and other things that weren't really allowed. 

I went to my closet and found my teal blue bikini. I pulled it on and went to check myself in the mirror. Pleased with my reflection, I mossied down the stairs and into the kitchen. Where Val was cooking up some bacon and eggs for mom and I. What a good little girl. 

I sat down on one of the stools at the bar. Valorie handed over my plate with a glass of OJ on the side. I hurried to eat it as I thought about the adventures of today. Callie, Celeste and I are all going down to the beach for some guy fun today. 

As I thought.

"Good morning, Raleigh. I need you to go and pack for the summer please. Maybe even longer." My mother greeted when she walked through the door of the livingroom. 

"W-what? Why?"

"You and Valorie are going to live with Kyle's family for the summer while Kyle and I are going to the Bahama's. His maid, Gene, will be taking care of you guys. Also to mention, they have three sons, two daughters, and a puppy. Will, James, Logan, Haley, Layla, and Spotters." Mother indicated to Valorie and I. With a raise of an eyebrow, she stared me down for a response.

"Uh, why are you and Kyle going to Bahama's?"

"For a vacation."

"You haven't even introduced him to me yet, mom."

The conversation ended there. I got up from my chair and stomped off into my room. Crying, I fell onto my bed. Who goes on vacation with the guy they have known for two days? My mom. Thats who.

Mom yelled from the downstairs to inform me that Kyle and Gene would be here first thing in the morning. To pack my bag and wash my clothes. I hated her with a burning passion at the moment. I got my stuff together and shoved it into a suitcase. One for my clothes and one for my makeup and other accesories. 

~~~~~~~~~

I laid in my bed until my mom came in to force me out of my bed. 

"Get ready. They are going to be here in 30 minutes!" Mom shouted in anger. If anyone needed to be angry, it was Val and I. Our mom is betraying us for the summer to be with her two-day boyfriend. Wow.

I jumped out of bed and into the shower. In 30 minutes time, I was showered and ready. My bags were downstairs and packed. Mr. Bennett was here. Great.

A tall, tan man with brown hair and furry eyebrows. Dressed in the ugliest plaid shorts in the world and a olive green polo to match. He had a long, heart shaped face with a huge grin plastered on it. He was attractive for an older guy. But I still didn't like him. Even if I haven't met him. 

He walked up to the door and walked in without a knock. 

"Hello, I'm Kyle. You must be Valorie and you must be Raleighena?" He said, holding out his hand for a handshake. I didn't bother to pull my hand out of pocket for him. I decided to just stay there. He got my name wrong anyways. Why should I?

"Its Raleigh." I corrected him with a sharp tone in voice and narrowed my eyes at him. 

This is going to be a long summer. 

Great.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Okay, first chapter in my story, Living With The Bennett Boys. Sorry if this is short but I don't have much time!:) lol

Comment what you think!:) Please. 

Vote if you like!(: Please.

Read if your interested!:) Please!:D

Need feedback for chapter two! 

Thanks so much!

With <3 Allie