Chapter Two

Shit, shit, shit. 

I thought to myself as I approached Kyle's souped up, black escalade. Throwing my suitcases on the floor and falling down. I guess it was the mixture of the heat and the fact that I stepped on a sharp rock. But, whatever it was, made me fall to the ground in pain. Screeching.

"Raleigh, watch your step, honey." Mom called from the behind of me as she carried two of her blazing yellow suitcases, almost falling over herself. That was, only before Kyle went and grabbed the suitcases from her and shoved them into the back of the car.

"Thanks mom. I didn't realize." I replied back to her in a tone of voice that you'd call sarcastic. She had already ruined my day, heck my summer. Yeah, thats it. She ruined my summer. If she makes me stay a day longer than September 14th, that day I go back to school, I will never look her in the eye again. Ever.

She had promised in the Spring that we'd spend time as a family and catch up on things. That, obviously meant nothing. Who ditches their children to go on a cruise with their two day boyfriend? It's just messed up. Not even to mention that I had never even met the guy. 

We had all gotten into the car and were ready to go when i remembered that I left my cellphone on the kitchen table. I unbuckled and got out without even asking. I ran to the front door and closed it behind me. Picking up my hone, I saw three new messages. All from, Matthew. My crush that has been talking to me since the beginning of summer break. 

"Are we meeting up today, babe cakes?" 

"If so, I'll come by and pick you up around three."

It was already three and he hadn't come. Not like it would matter anyways. You know, since I am supposed to be in the car right now on my way to a strangers house. But still, he didn't know that.

"I'll be a little bit late. Sorry, caught in traffic." His last text message that I received. Which was at 3:15.

I locked my phone and ran back towards the door, over to the car, and into my seat. I re-buckled and unlocked my phone. Just as I went to reply, I saw Matthew's truck pull up in front of my house and stop. He looked at Kyle's car with a confusing look. 

Just then I shot a text over to his phone. Explaining what was happening and such.

"Hey Matthew, if you haven't noticed, my mother has decided that Valorie and I are going to be shipped to her boyfriend that she has known for two days, house. For the ENTIRE summer. Therefore meaning you and I probably wont be able to hang out. I mean, I don't even know where the guy lives." 

Within three and a half minutes, I received a text back from him.

"Oh, that sucks. Why are y'all being shipped?"

"Because they are gong to the Bahama's." I replied to his text message.

"Okay, gotcha. Well I wish you the best of luck :-*" 

I could have been on the beach with my friends and almost boyfriend right now. But instead, I was going to someones house who I don't even know. To make matter worse, they have kids. As I have told you, I can't stand kids.

Hopefully, the kids wouldn't been too young to where I would ever have to babysit or some shit. I honestly think the youngest kid they have is Valorie's age. If I ever had to babysit this summer, I would only babysit my sister. 

As you can tell, I am not happy about this situation and would so rather stay home and be in my room all summer than go to Kyle's house.  My mother always told us that she wouldn't ever abandoned us for a man after my father died. I really loved my father. He understood me and would help me through my darkest times and troubles. I miss him. Alot.