Chapter 4~ Joining The Revolution

Y/NS POV

Lafayette had come back in after the meeting and spent the whole day with you, saying goodbye. Little does he know that you'll be fighting right next to him. Or dying. The chilling thought rushed through your mind as you finished wrapping your chest. You had pulled Y/C/H Y/H/L up tightly and secured it with a snug hat. You had thrown on some of your boy clothes over the bandages. You could do nothing about your feminine appearance, but you could pass of as a boy. To cover up your sudden dissapearance you left a note saying you would be going home for the Summer and that your mother would stay with the sisters. You told your mother you wanted to head home and that you were tired. When your mother argued to come you said there were plenty of maids to help you out and you knew how much she loved staying with the Schuylers. With new found confidence you headed out into the dawn. It was still dark outside as you awaited to leave with the men. You soon heard carriges and footsteps. You quickly ran out from the side of the building and up to your father. "S-Sir"? Your voice cracked at trying to deepen your tone. He turned with an arched brow and looked you up and down "Can I help you son"? 'Okay so I can pass off for a boy...' I stuggled to keep my voice undercontrol "Sir I would like to join the revolution. I am 19 and ready to fight". 'At least your not lying about your age'. He looked you up and down, you could literally see the wheels turning in his head. He finally gave a tiny but firm nod "Join the men over there Alexander Hamilton, Herculese Mulligan, Lafayette and John Laurens. Welcome to the war son". I tried not to smile to brtight as I went beside Lafayette and John. "Hey! Im John Laurens who are you"? I coughed 'Shit I dont have a name'!? "I-I am Theo"? It came out as a little bit of a question but they both nodded. "Well welcome to the revolution"! Laf slapped my back and I resisted the urge to throw my hands around his neck and kiss him. I only nodded. "You dont talk to much do you"? John nudged you. "I do. I am just thinking. Apologies". Laf shrugged and we continued to walk. "Please dont get ill with me mon ami but you look a little...scrawny for the fight non"? Your heart beat spead up quickly. You squared your shoulders and refused to show it though "I may be small in size, but belive me. I will kick their asses". I was relieved when they both busted out in laughter. "Here here little lion"! After that we went silent and walked in comfterable silence. As we got closer to the campsite I really did overthink my decision. Did I want to do this? Did I want to join the revolution, and die for my country and love? Do I want to go home and face my fathers wrath and not help my country? As we passed by houses the day got brighter. We passed by a particular house with a poor family. Children ran along our lines giggling when I waved. "Thank you! Wow this is amazing"! The children ran back to their parents and they waved "Thank you"! They called. I blinked and looked at my feet. Yes. I want to do this. I have to do this. For children and people like them, help them hope and get to a better tommorrow, a better future.

IM SORRY THIS WAS KIND OF SHORT! THIS WAS KIND OF A FILL IN BUT AAYYYE!