Chapter 1

Junmyeon pursed his lips as he looked over the script in his hand. After a few moments of scrutiny, he looked up at the expectant manager sitting in front of him. "Do I really have to do this?" he asked.

The manager seemed down. "You don't like it?" he asked.

"It's not that..." Junmyeon let out a long sigh. "The character is just..."

"Just what?"

"Don't you think he's too rough?"

"I thought you didn't want to play polished characters."

"I don't...but still..."

"Come on, Suho." Junmyeon looked up at the mention of his stage name. "You've wanted to be on this drama for quite a while now. Isn't it great that they took you on? So what if you have to play a bad boy character? It's only for a couple of episodes."

He still didn't looked convinced. His manager sighed. "Junmyeon-ah..." he said softly. "Rarely does one get an opportunity like this. You should do your best. Anyway, didn't EXO have a Bad Boy concept recently? You can just imagine that for your character."

The younger man hummed discontentedly. "I still feel like it isn't me..."

"It isn't supposed to be," his manager said. "They were originally going to give you a well-mannered and polished character, but then I negotiated with them to give you a more of a bad boy character."

"And I'm thankful," Junmyeon agreed. "But now that I think about it..."

"Your current image is of someone who is well-mannered and polite, the ideal guy essentially," his manager began to analyze. "This image follows you around everywhere, and it's going to be hard to break away from it since you want to get into acting as well. This role will show that you are versatile and can play any role. this is what directors want to see, versatility."

He pursed his lips slightly as he let the words sink in. Despite all his apprehensions, he couldn't deny that his manager's logic was flawless. He had wanted to get on this show desperately, and he had wanted to step away from his original image and try something new.

He sighed. "Alright, I'll do it."

His manager's face lit up in excitement. "Really? This is great, Junmyeon-ah!"

The man in question could only offer a weak smile as he felt his stomach twisting in excitement and dread. He needed to pull this off or else his acting career would be over.

***

He walked up to what he was used to seeing after years of debuting; people running around trying to make sure everything was perfect. he saw light men and cameramen continuously taking shots and adjusting the settings of their instruments, producers going from one end of the studio to another to make sure that everything was set, prop directors setting up the scenes and lugging around huge items nearly twice their sizes.

He smiled, it was business as usual.

A woman with a Bluetooth on her ear came up to him and his manager, hurriedly cutting the call she was on before straightening and putting on a smile to greet them. "Ah, Manager Hwang," she said, smiling. "You're here." She turned to Junmyeon. "It is a pleasure working with you, Suho."

He bowed in greeting. "The pleasure is all mine," he said. "Let's work hard."

She nodded and guided them through the set to the dressing rooms in the back, all the while explaining his character to him. He would keep giving nods of understanding as the knot in his stomach tightened even more. He was at the set of the drama he loved to watch, and was going to play a role completely opposite to what his true character was.