Chapter 26

He doesn't receive any message from her at all the entire day. 

That was uncharacteristic of her, as it had become routine for her to send him a small message when she'd reached her dorm. Even when they didn't have time to meet up, they'd spend at least a few minutes texting, if they couldn't take a call because they were tired or otherwise engaged. 

He hadn't gone a day without seeing her messages, and this period of silence was making him twitchy

However much he did want to message her and ask if she was alright, he always stopped himself at the last second. He knew his revelation must be confusing for her, and if going into hibernation for a while was what she needed, then he'd happily step back.

Well, maybe not happily...

He wouldn't call himself happy for resisting against all of his instincts that yelled at him to run after her or straight up go to her dorm. He instead decided to fill up his day with activities; practice, songwriting, singing, working, doing anything to keep himself moving.

This unease did not go unnoticed by his members.

They'd constantly throw him glances and looks, and on more than one occasion, he spotted them pulling Baekhyun and Yixing aside to ask them what was wrong. He turned away from it all and busied himself in the preparations of tomorrow's event.

Few of the iconic groups like Girl's Generation, f(x), SHINee, Super Junior and TVXQ had been given the opportunity to perform more than one song. EXO was one of the groups, and they'd chosen music from their Christmas albums to sing,

One was from their newest winter themed album, and they'd been given the choice for the other.

"Should we sing Miracles in December?" Chanyeol suggested.

"It is one that most people know," Jongdae agreed.

"I think we should just sing Love Me Right or Monster," Jongin suggested.

"They aren't seasonally appropriate now, are they?" Minseok pointed out.

"But they're iconic," Jongin insisted.

"What do you think, Baekhyun-ah?" Yixing turned to the younger.

Baekhyun held his chin for a moment. "I think we should let Suho-hyung decide," he said. He received hums of approval from the rest of the members. 

"Yeah, we should."

"That's a good idea."

"Hyung won't let us down."

"What should we sing?" Chanyeol directed the question to Junmyeon.

The older idol looked up from his notes. "Let's perform Sing for You," he said.

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "Hyung, are you sure?"

Junmyeon nodded. "Let's do it. Our second song will be Sing for You."

While the others cheered and agreed and talked among themselves, Junmyeon felt Baekhyun's brown gaze burning into him. He ignored it, instead choosing to answer Sehun's questions.

Because of all of his members, Baekhyun was the only one who truly knew what was going on.

***

When they arrive at the location, he manages to get just a small glimpse of Apink before they're whisked away to prepare. 

He waited by hair and makeup for the first group to come out as Baekhyun came over and sat down beside him.