Chapter 12

He met her outside the studio. He didn't go in even though he arrived first, instead calling Eunji up and asking her to meet him outside. Part of it was him rationalizing that it would look better if they went in together, the other was him being nervous and not wanting to face them alone.

A wave of relief washed over him as she pulled up and waved cheerily to him. Even if she was nervous, at least she wasn't showing it, which put him at ease.

She linked her arms with his. "For realism," she told him.

He smiled, he hadn't thought of that.

The two walked through the door and into a prepped and ready photography studio. He saw a massive white screen with light equipment and cameras all around, the photographer in question adjusting his camera settings and the lighting to take the best possible shots of the couple. 

The interviewer turned to see the two idols walking in and stood up to greet them. "Suho-shi, Eunji-shi, we're glad to have you here," she said, bowing.

Eunji unhooked her hands from his arm and he put his arms down to his sides. The two then bowed deeply. "Thank you for having us!" they both said in unison. 

"The pleasure is all mine." The interviewer bowed once more. "Now, before we start the interview, should we first have the photoshoot?"

Junmyeon nodded. "We'll do that," he agreed. "What's the concept?"

"Is it just going to be there?" Eunji asked, pointing to the white screen.

The interviewer looked back at it. "It's part of the shoot, yes," she agreed. "But we were hoping to get something more from the two of you."

"Something more?" Junmyeon began to feel a cold chill settle in his stomach.

The interviewer nodded. "The white screen is just for the cover. You two were aware that you'll be on the cover, right?" The two nodded. "But the cover is different from the actual photoshoot. The set is behind that door."

He turned to the direction she was pointing to see a door. He slowly inched towards the door and opened it to see a fashionable bedroom.

A bedroom...

He was sure his skin was as white as a sheet right now. He looked to Eunji, to the interviewer and then back to Eunji.

"I was thinking we could get a different side of your relationship," the interviewer said, obviously not noticing (ignoring) the mental stress he was going through. "You've been in the public eye as the great couple, the good one, but we all know that's only what's on the surface. We want to get a deeper interview, much more intimate, definitely much better..." She trailed off, smiling at the ideas forming in her head.

"Uh..." Eunji opened her mouth but found herself unable to speak.

Junmyeon grabbed her wrist. "May we have a moment?" he asked the interviewer.

"Sure..." She was clearly still engrossed in her fantasy of the two idols.

Junmyeon took Eunji to the other side of the studio, away from the prying eyes. Once there, he looked both ways quickly before looking down at her once again.

"Alright," he said, his voice determined, "the shoot hasn't started yet, so we still have time. You go scout the studio and find a backdoor, I'll call our managers to come and pick us up..."

"What?" she asked. "Wait, hold up. What on earth are you talking about, Suho-shi?" 

"Escaping," he stated. 

"Why though?"

He stared at her, dumbfounded. "There's a bed..." he said. "It means..."

"I know what a bed means," she interrupted him. "I'm not a kid anymore, you know. I'm just three years younger than you."