Chapter 10

"Where's your dorm?" he asked her once they came out of the restaurant.

"Huh?" she asked. "What do you mean?"

"You picked this place because your dorm was close by, didn't you?" Junmyeon asked. "Where is it? I'll drop you."

She gestured down the street. "Two blocks away from here," she told him. "I'll guide you, so you won't get lost."

He chuckled slightly. "Don't worry, i don't usually get lost," he assured. "The one who does get lost often is Lay."

She laughed. The two walked the two blocks down the road, talking. Or at least she did. He just listened.

She enlightened him with tales from her predebut and debut days, pointing to various places and telling him about the fun she had with her members. He got to know the convenience store they frequented (one similar to theirs), the store they bought all their clothes from before they debuted, the tteokbokki place she loved to snack at...

She definitely had a lot of memories on this lane. He made a mental note to show her around his dorm too, she'd know him better too, just like he was now getting to know her.

She stopped in front of a building and turned to him. "Well, this is my dorm," she said. "Do you want to come up?"

He politely shook his head. "Maybe not today," he said. "I actually have a schedule in the afternoon." She nodded, understanding. "And besides, I don't think your members would be too happy with a random guy just in their dorm room."

"You're not a stranger, Suho-shi," she told him. "The girls know about you, and me, for that matter. I don't think they'd mind." She paused for a short moment. "But I think you're right. Our dorm is a mess. I definitely don't want to show it to you."

He smiled at her. Just then he noticed that they were holding hands. In fact, they'd been holding hands the entire ten minute walk. He reluctantly pulled his hand away.

"I...uh...I should get going now," he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Before you go," she said, stopping him from turning around. She dug into her purse and brought out a few notes. "For the taxi fare," she smirked, pushing them into his hand. 

He stared at the money, looking back up to her. "What is this?"

"Taxi fare, remember?" she asked. "Our deal was that you'd pay for the meals and I'd cover the taxi fare." She put her hand up as he made a motion to return the money. "You're not giving it back to me, Suho-shi. You're using that to pay for your trip back to your dorm, and then you will send me a text saying that you used the money, alright?"

He found that he couldn't really argue with her, instead giving up and laughing lightly. "Alright, you win." He held up the notes. "I'll use them well."

She nodded. "You better."

She waved to him and made her way into the building as he waved down a taxi. Still smiling like an idiot after their little conversation, he got into the taxi, casting one last look at the building. He made it a point to memorize the building and street name, so he could drop her off at any time. 

He turned his gaze back to the money in his hand, counting it. It wasn't much, probably just enough to get him back home. Maybe that's what she wanted. She did say that she'd just cover the taxi fare.

He sighed, and then was hit with the realization that they had spent the entire outing talking informally.

Since when did they get close enough to change forms?