Chapter 4

It seemed his cameo in the drama worked, because soon he got another offer. 

He had politely declined, due to the fact that he was already overloaded, what with EXO coming out with a mini album soon as well as him being the MC of a new talk show. He also had a large number of photoshoots and other appearances and he didn't want to overburden himself, because the last time he took on too many things at once, he had ended up in the hospital.

He spent his time mostly at the studio, going over the new music with Chanyeol. Just like he predicted, Chanyeol had been put under house arrest while the CEO took care of things. However, he was still allowed in group appearances and Junmyeon had personally campaigned with the CEO to allow him in the studio, due to the fact that he was the one in charge of writing the raps.

And one fateful day, not long after the second round of the scandal, Junmyeon felt himself starving. With a quick look at his watch he realized that he had completely skipped lunch.

So the leader put on his coat, a mask and a black cap and went over to the convenience store near the SM Headquarters.

The store clerk happily greeted him when he entered, and he flashed a smile from behind his mask. Even though he was in disguise, the clerk had already recognized him. Of course, they had frequented this convenience store since they were trainees, and Junmyeon had been coming here the longest. 

"Any specific reason you came here today?" the clerk asked him.

"I skipped lunch," he chuckled. He'd known this particular clerk since he debuted, so he could talk informally with him.

The clerk pointed to the back rows. "Ramyun is towards the back. Help yourself."

"Thanks," Junmyeon gratefully said before taking off to find his ramyun.

His ramyun found, watered and left to cook for two minutes, Junmyeon snapped his chopsticks and got ready to dig in. Just then, he noticed the TV placed in the store, turned to the news channel. He spent his two minutes watching the news, tutting in his mind when it was revealed that a company employee was found guilty of creative accounting.

His meal ready, he placed his chopsticks inside the container and took out a swab of noodles, but before he could put them in his mouth, his attention was brought back to the TV when he heard the word "EXO".

His attention turned back to the TV, and he nearly balked when up on there was a photo of Chanyeol with the caption "EXO's Chanyeol rumored to switch companies?"

He dropped the noodles back into the container, turning his chair so that he was fully facing the screen. 

"Boy group EXO's rapper Park Chanyeol is rumored to be leaving SM Entertainment. Fans say they have spotted the artist leaving CUBE Entertainment's building. This was just after the group's performance on Show! Music Core. Fans are speculating that the artist may have been there to visit his rumored girlfriend who is an idol there. Even though the agency has released statements saying that Park Chanyeol has not been dating the CUBE Entertainment idol, fans are seemingly not convinced. However, other fans have begun to speculate that the artist was in talks with CUBE Entertainment's CEO about leaving his company. This also entails that he will also leave EXO. Neither companies have released an official statement yet."

He felt the clerk's eyes burning into his back, but Junmyeon couldn't take his eyes off the reporter, who was talking to a couple of fans about the incident. He got up, his hunger replaced by a cold sinking feeling, like he was going down in an elevator, except ten times faster.

He ran out of the store and back to the headquarters, bursting into the studio where Chanyeol was seated in the same position since he left, silently strumming his guitar. He seemed shocked at his senior bursting in with the kind of force Junmyeon had, now standing there heaving and panting.