Chapter 3 - Creepy...

*WARNING! I have no clue how to spell animitronic. So don't complain. It will be tough.*

As Luke, Libby, and Peyton sat watching the animitronics sing, Matt was trying to keep his distance from the creepy animitronics. Matt had spent SO much time at Freddy's, but after seven years of what seemed like millions of trips to Freddy's, he still found the animitronics creepy. Apparently, Nate did too, but he was a little more calm around them.

"How do you not go crazy around these things?" Matt asked. "I kind of want to scream."

"Well, when I work with these things wandering around at night. It took me FOREVER to finally realize it, but I just keep telling myself, 'don't be afraid, they just want to say hi.'"

"I'll have to remember that." Matt said. Suddenly, the animitronics shut down. They just stopped moving. Most of the kids cried, including Jake, Luke, and Peyton, but something odd happened with Libby.

She stared at the frozen animitronics, unmoving. She seemed to be entranced by the sight of them. "Libby?" Matt checked if she was okay, but when Libby turned around, her green eyes felt strange to Matt. The eyes were deep and unblinking, the green seemed to weave and blend into itself, like someone had swirled the color around like with a paintbrush. She was totally hypnotized by them, but it only lasted for a moment.

"Yes, Daddy?" She asked, still smiling. Her eyes had returned to their normal state, full of life and childhood joy.

"N-nothing." Matt shook it off, as Libby returned to looking at the animitronics.

Two dayshift workers quickly moved the deactivated animitronics to the back, and off the stage. A few minutes later, after the children had eaten some pizza, a new animitronic appeared onstage. It was an exact replica of Freddy, except golden. The animitronic seemed to have more flowing movements, less robotic than the other ones. But Matt had seen these ones before. This one of the springlock suits that were there at Peyton's fourth birthday.

In an effort to cheer up the kids, the man in the suit went down to the parents in the audience and sang to them.  A few mothers sang along, while Nate slowly backed away. "Not this song again..." He rolled his eyes. When Matt looked back, the Golden Freddy was holding a microphone in front of his face.

"Come on, Daddy! Sing along!" Begged Libby with a grin.

Matt held back his eye rolling and sang the same song he had sung at every party for 7 years. "Hi there, I'm Freddy! Wanna come and play?" Luckily, the other parents joined in, saving him from singing that stupid song in front of everyone. The kids joined in next, while Stephanie broke apart from Jake to join Matt and Nate.

"So you're Nate?" Asked Steph.

"That would be me. You must be Stephanie." He shook her hand. While Nate and Steph spoke, Matt got up to go to the washroom. But on the way back, he passed a man holding a cardboard box. He crashed right into him.

"I am so sorry." Matt said, noticing the cassettes all over the floor. "Here, let me help."

"Thank you." The man said. "Ever since Russel left, I've had to train the new employees myself. I have bigger things to worry about."

"Well, are you hiring?" Matt asked. He didn't care what Steph had told him. He was going to get a second job. The man picked this up.

"Depends. You know anything about Freddy's?" Asked the man.

"7 years. Every single birthday party, plus a few club parties. I know my stuff." Matt said, almost smugly. The man picked up the box as he walked into the dining area with Matt, where the man in the springlock suit was performing.

"Well, if you can prove it, you've got the job. I'm desperate." He said. But suddenly, Matt noticed something. A little girl, about to spill her juice onto the Golden Freddy's foot. But Matt saw what happens when a spinglock suit gets wet at Peyton's fourth birthday party. The man seemed to notice too. Matt came in just in time, scooping the cup out of the little girl's hands. The Golden Freddy turned around, and through the mask, Matt could see a pair of eyes wide open with shock. The Golden Freddy subtly nodded "thanks" then went back to performing.

The man went over to Matt. "You... you saved his life! How did you-"

"My son's fourth birthday party. Someone spilled soda on a springlock suit's hand, and the man died. Springlocks tend to fail when they get wet, so..." The man cut Matt off.

"Buddy, shut up. You've got the job. In my book, when you save a guy's life, you get the job. All you have to do is train the new employees. The best part is that you can even just call it in, work from home." He said. He shook Matt's hand, and went on his way.

Stephanie saw the handshake and went over to Matt. "What was that about?" She asked.

"Oh, I just saved a man's life. No big deal. Shall we enjoy the show?"