Chapter 15 - Forget

Three months later...

Nate woke up in a hospital bed. A nurse looked over to him. "Oh my god." She said. She poked her head out the door. "Doctor! He's awake!" She called out. A doctor rushed into the room.

"What-what's going on?" Nate asked.

"Mr. Smith, I'm sure you have a lot of questions. Let me explain. You had fallen down the staircase and were rendered unconscious. For the past three months, you have been in a coma. Tell me, Mr. Smith, do you remember anything?"

"N-no. I can't, not really."

"Can you remember your name? Age? Any personal details?" He asked.

"My name is Nathan Smith. I am 20 years *See end of chapter for explanation.* old, I remember everything about myself."

"What is the last thing you remember?" Asked the doctor.

"I was at Freddy's... my son had gone missing and I was looking for him..." Nate shot up. "Luke. Where is my son!?"

"Mr. Smith, please don't panic. I'm afraid that your son is missing. Presumed dead." Nate sat back in shock.

"We will give you an update in a little while, but I'm afraid that I have an emergency situation. We will keep you here for a little while, just to be safe." Nate nodded, as the doctor ran off to deal with his emergency.

Two days later...

Nate had been filled in on everything. Or at least everything the doctors knew. While Nate was still getting over the loss of his son, he got a phone call.

"Uh, Hello? Hello, Hello?" Asked the man.

"Phone Guy! How are you doing!" Nate was almost happy to hear the sound of his voice, not knowing that it was actually Matt

"Hey! Well uh, I heard you were up again, so I thought I should tell you... you're not exactly... working here anymore." He said.

"Oh, uh... it's okay." Nate said. "I gotta go." Then he hung up.

Matt had figured it out. Nate couldn't remember who Phone Guy really was. And soon enough, he would let Matt fade away from his mind, too. Nate could never remember how Matt fits into this. Perfect.

*Explanation For Nate's Age: In real life, Nate is 27. However, the second book is going to be about Random Encounter's FNAF Musicals, and on Night 3, Nate says, "It's been 7 years since I worked at this place." So in this book, Nate has to be 7 years younger, but 20 is VERY young to actually be a father. So let me explain. Luke is adopted. Nate had just gotten married, and they wanted to adopt a child together, but soon after adopting Luke, the mother died. Luke was 5 years old when he was adopted, but he can barley remember his adoptive mother because he didn't know her very long. And if there are any laws against their ages and adoption, logic is evil. Thx*

Read the rest of the story in my next book, Murder!