Chapter 16 - The Show

My palms had developed pools of sweat. I couldn't believe that this was it. I was at my idols tour, Cheryl's. I won a competition to see Cheryl in concert and spend a whole hour with the beautiful Geordie afterwards. Out of all the people who admired her, I was the one who won. 

Cheryl had held a competition on Facebook to see who could produce the best CD cover for her latest single. , and well... mine had been chosen. I don't even know why. All I did was choose a rare image of Cheryl, zoomed in on her face and made it as elegant as possible before typing her name and song title in a script font. Apparently, it was the most elegant and beautiful of the lot and it matched the song perfectly. She told me so. Yes. You read it right, she announced to me that I was the winner on a private video call before posting it on all her social medias. That alone was enough to make my knees weak. 

I was sat on the front row, slap bang in the middle of the London 02 Arena, watching the beautiful brunette twist and turn into her sexy and flirtatious dance moves. I was so close to her that I could almost reach out and touch the woman I had a crush on for so many years. And then it dawned on me. I was going to be in this lady's presence alone for one whole hour!

I was here in London alone. I had traveled three and a half hours on train alone with my anxiety sky high. I lived alone. I was permanently alone. I had no family. They disowned me because I was a 'dreaded' lesbian. I got rid of my friends as they caused nothing but trouble. 

After Cheryl's most famous 'Fight For This Love' had come to an end, Cheryl spoke into her microphone breathlessly, 'Thank you everyone for coming. You've been the best crowd yet! I hope you enjoyed the show, take care and travel safely.' The cute brunette then blew kisses before running off stage. 

'Are you ready?' I looked around to see a tall lean man in his middle ages wearing a black suit, with a crisp white shirt, a black silk tie and a pair of black shoes that glistened when the lights beamed on them. His face was naturally furrowed and his brows looked constantly knotted but when he spoke to me, his smile spread widely. This look didn't look good on him at all.

Twenty minutes had passed and I was now trying to control my panic attacks waiting for Cheryl to open the door to her dressing room. Again, my hands were full of sweat , my chest was getting tighter and I could feel the muscles in my legs aching from trembling so much. 

'I'll be two more seconds.' I heard Cheryl shout through the door and there was my realisation that a piece of wood was all that was between me and my idol.

'I'm ready.' came her sweet voice for the second time, leaving Chris, the member of security to give me the nod to say I was okay to go in.

I took a deep breath, before pressing down on the door handle. What a lot of good it did me as what I saw in front of me was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes upon.

'Hiya babe, I've been looking forward to seeing you ever since our video call.' The Geordie swept me up in such a warm cuddle that my eyes started to stream hysterically. As soon as Cheryl realised I was crying, i felt her grip only getting tighter. 'Awh what you crying for babe?'

For a few seconds, I didn't speak, because I couldn't speak. But eventually, I found some words to say to her. 'I never thought I'd get the chance to meet you.' 

'Well you deserve it. You're super talented Chloe. That single cover you created is amazing! You know that?' 

All I could do was smile dumbly. 'Thank you.' 

Cheryl giggled slightly at my reaction. She probably got the same reaction on a daily basis so it should have only been something she was used to.

'Come sit down and we can have a drink... you're not driving are you?' 

Again, I looked at her starstruck. The beautiful brunette had such a tiny slim frame and was only the same height as me. Her curls were over her shoulder and her smoky eye make up that she wore on stage was still fixed perfectly. The lady wore a simple outfit. A pair of leggings and a white vest top that hugged her petite figure in all the right places. Her eyes were the deepest, darkest shade of brown, which made her look all the more mysterious and sexy. Her scent was a sweet, fruity scent, probably a perfume that I couldn't afford. Last but not least, the sight of her dimples, every time that she flashed a smile at me made my knees weak and my muscles ache. She was the ultimate definition of perfection. 

'No...' I spoke finally but quietly as I stumbled to the white sofa before flopping on it. 

'Good. So you traveled on train then?' She turned around to face me after pouring out two vodkas.

'Yeah...' 

'You can speak more to me you know? I don't bite.' Cheryl chuckled once more before placing the drinks on the table and taking a seat on sofa, closing the gap between us. 

'I know... I'm sorry.' I stuttered. 

'So who did you come here with?' Cheryl's eyes didn't leave my face and even though I couldn't bring myself to look at her, I could feel her sparkling eyes burning upon my skin. 

'No one...' After a second or two, I decided to expand my answer. 'I traveled here alone. I don't have family and I don't really have friends.' 

Cheryl's face was an expression of horror. Her eyes wore a sympathetic look and one of her dainty hands automatically held onto my thigh, squeezing it comfortingly. 'Babe, I'm so sorry to hear that but can I ask why?' 

'You would call your security out to remove me if I told you why.' I smiled nervously. 

'Come on. It can't be that bad.' Cheryl smiled once more. 

'Because I'm a lesbian.' 

'And why do you think that I would get security to remove you? Half of the females in my fan base fancy me. And I'm quite flattered that they do.' Cheryl winked. 

'Big head.' I sniggered cheekily, leaving Cheryl to frown before rolling her eyes and sipping at her vodka.

'You are hot though. Wait! Did I say that out loud?' I blushed realising what I had just said. 

'Yes. Yes you did.' The brunette creased over in double laughing. 

'Don't laugh at me.' I pretended to sulk.

'Don't go.' The beauty matched my expression. 

'Excuse me?' 

'You're amazing. I waited two months to meet you. You're so beautiful. The thought of meeting you drove me crazy. One hour isn't enough. Come home with me?' Cheryl whispered lightly in my ear.