Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Lena : January 2016
Today was my first day back to school. The holidays were rough and  not joyful. All I could do was look at the pictures of me and Lisa and cry. Videos of us as kids. We were so happy. Just thinking about Lisa's laugh was enough to bring tears to my eyes.
Jake: hey Lena.
Lena: wiping the tears away quickly I look up at an old friend of mine and Lisa's. Hey
Jake:I know today's  going to be hard for you. Take your time Lena. If you want to leave let me know.
Lena: Jake walked off after giving me a small smile of encouragement. No wonder Lisa liked him so much. He was a great guy. I walked into class. Sitting in my seat I look to the left of the room. The only thing I could focused on  was Lisa's empty desk.

Lisa: late December 2016.
Since we found out I was pregnant mason has been very kind. He's been working less hours and spending more time with me. Sitting at my place at the table I pull pancakes onto my plate topping them with strawberries. Reaching for the whooped cream a craving kicked in. The bottle went straight to my mouth. Loading my mouth with whooped cream I posed , realizing what I just did . Mason was starring at me with shock while Christina rolled her eyes and Lincoln couldn't suppress his smile.  My face heated with embarrassment.
Lincoln: would you like your own bottle or maybe some pancakes.
Lisa: I smiled up at Lincoln. He was quite the smart ass. But he was funny.
Mason: are you okay
Christina: coming up beside Mason I smacked him upside the head. Boy you better do your research or she'll be giving you hell. She's pregnant .Another 8 months will be a long time for you to stay this stupid. She's just a baby herself . You did this. Now you fix it. Go out . Buy books and learn how to take care of a child and a pregnant child. She needs you right now more than ever.
Mason: I really wanted to be mad about her hitting me upside the head but I needed it . She's right. Lisa's pregnant and  I know don't know how to  take care of Lisa or a baby. I need help.