Chapter 6

Chapter 6: date December 2016
Mason: I woke early this morning. I wanted to make breakfast for Lisa before telling her . Lisa walked down the stairs right as she reached the bottom of the stair case a knock was sounded on the door. Walking to it I felt a sense of dread. She's early.
Mason: hello mother I say opening the door.
Mama Jan: well don't look to excited ( said sarcastically)
Mason: I wasn't expecting you till later.
Mama Jan: well that's why I came early . Now you don't have time to hide anything.
Mason: I wasn't going to hide anything .
Mama Jan:  yeah like your waist line. Now come over here and give your mama a hug .
Mason: I walked over to her and hugged her hard . No matter how annoying she is I still love her. I thought that before I felt a hard slap on my behind .
Mason: mother
Lisa: I couldn't stop the laughter from pouring out. She was bold. The only person I might ever see intimidate mason is a 5 foot nothing woman with gray  hair  and the most snarky attitude I've ever seen. I love her already.
Mama Jan: what you making boy
Mason: rolling my eyes I followed my mother to the kitchen . Breakfast. I responded
Mama Jan: this isn't breakfast . This is trash. Reaching over the counter I pad
Lisa's arm. Imma fattin you up real good love . You haven't tasted food till you've had mama jans cookin.
Lisa: yes mam
Mama Jan: now don't you start with that mam crap . Call me mama or mama Jan you pick
Lisa: okay I'll call you mama Jan then .
Mason: well now that you've met my mother surprise. She's staying . Hopefully not for long. But she's staying .
Mama Jan: I smacked my son on the back of the neck. Boy you better be happy mamas here cause there ain't nothing those books you read will help you to care for a pregnant lady, or teach you how to hold a baby. I glare at my son and he turned away looking at everything except for me.
Mason: yes mama I know
Lisa: walking passed Mason I laughed in his ear . Mamas boy .