Chapter Five - My Family Business Shuts Down

I'm not lying if I said I enjoyed the concert yesterday, but Alex and his stupid friends were amazing especially the song he sang, it was amazing, and now I need to forget about all this and concentrate on my studies, yeah that's more important I guess.

I finally arrived to university, and made my way to the library, but before I went in I saw Alex and some girl standing at the front of the door, I just stood there as long as none of them noticed me, they were talking and I could hear them. I didn't want to but I didn't wan to disturb them.

"Actually I always wanted to tell you this... it's been a long time now, but most importantly is I... I... I love you, would you go out with me?" the girl asked Alex shyly while looking down on the floor, wait did she just confess?

"No." he simply replied with no feelings in his words, wow who is this guy? Seriously he's a tough one. The girl looked angry her face filled with anger, and she looked like she was going to cry well I think anyone would be like that.

Suddenly the girl slapped Alex and she left, while she was leaving her shoulder touched mine angrily, but what's more funny it's Alex's cheek it's red like tomatoes, I bet she slapped him really hard because it made echo in the library corridors, Alex looked at me and I just wanted to laugh but I stopped myself because he looked angry.

"What? You want to confess your love as well?" He asked while looking at me, what the hell is wrong with this guy? He's full of himself.

"Who me?" I asked while looking behind me, I was pretending like he wasn't talking to me.

"Of course you! Who else is there except you." He answered angrily.

"Oh I'm sorry, but I would never confess my love to someone like you, because I will never fall in love with someone like you never in my life." I replied, I think that was harsh, but who cares, I left and walked straight away to the library, but it's true why would I fall in love with him? He's a bad boy and I'm a good girl.

On my way back I was still feeling bad about what I said but I only said the truth, I made my way home, I rang on the bell, but there was no response but thank god I had my keys again I opened the door and went in, as I walked in I saw mum and dad sitting on the table, they didn't look happy and that made me worried. Very worried.

"Is everything alright?" I asked while walking towards the table, but none of them said anything hope there's nothing serious.

"Mum." I said while looking at my mum. "Say something what's going on? Is everything alright?"

"Oh dear, your dad's small business that he opened was shut down today." My mum replied with a sad voice, I was really shocked; my dad opened a small business not long ago like three year, and it was going pretty well.

"It's okay guys you don't have to worry, I'm going to work and then we can may be move somewhere else okay, Isabel all what you have to do is focus on your study." My dad said while smiling, but still that doesn't change anything, right? But I can't make him worried.

"Okay dad you as well don't stress yourself too much okay." I said while smiling, but was that good enough I can't force a smile on my face, and I'm sure I Look scary right now, but I can't make him stress out too much, I will have to help him, but the problem right now is... how?

"Dad, mum I'm going for a walk I will be back soon okay." I said while I opened the door and left the house, I didn't even wait for their response, plus I really needed to go for a walk to fresh my brain and get rid of the thoughts and worries about the family business, I heard my phone ring I think it was a message from Lauren, I took my phone out and just as I guessed it was a message from Lauren.

"Hey, how are you?" should I reply? I think I should I need to talk to someone after all.

"I'm not fine! I feel lost because my family business closed." I replied, and then I sighed, she replied straight away.

"Shall we meet? Plus its fine you don't have to worry about it that much, because men are strong especially dads they can do anything for a family, and if you need anything I'm always here for you, please don't hesitate." She said on the text.

"Thanks that really cheered me on." I replied while smiling at my phone.

"Anytime." She replied and our conversation ended, and once again I started thinking about what to do I can't just sit there doing nothing.

I was lost in my own thoughts I looked at my phone it's been already one hour and a half since I left home, and I'm still walking outside it feels so lonely, suddenly I bumped into someone's hard chest and fell on the ground, and then the person gave me a hand I took his hand and stood up, I didn't even look at the persons face but I knew it was a guy, because his chest was hard like a rock.

"Thanks for giving me a hand." I said and walked straight away without looking at his face, I was lost in this family business, oh god if I had a chance to help them I would've done anything.

"No problem by the way I heard that your family business closed." The guy shouted but surprisingly his voice was familiar, I looked back as quick as I could, and then I saw Alex looking at me with a smirk on his face but, how did he know? I didn't tell anyone except Lauren, I don't think Lauren would tell anyone.

"Who did you hear that from?" I asked curiously while looking at him.

"Why does that matter?" he replied while running his fingers through his silky hair.

"Of course it does." I replied while looking at him seriously.

"But you know I can help you." He said while looking at me.

"How can a loser like you help?!" I asked while giving him an evil look almost like a shout because I wasn't in a mood for this jerk.

"Well you can work for me, and I will pay you, my family is rich after all." Alex said while looking at me, oh god I said I will do anything I could, and you brought this evil here, but I will have to accept because I need to help my family if that's all I could do, family comes first after all.

"And how much are you going to pay me?" I asked while looking at him seriously, because I need enough money to help my family.

"You will work for one month and I will pay you one hundred thousand, will that do?" he said while running his fingers through his hair, and then he placed it back into his pockets, but where would he get all that money from?

"And how do I know that some jerk like you will keep his words?" I asked while looking at him, because I can't believe him.

"I promise you and when I promise I mean it because I always keep my words." He replied while looking away, and then he took a paper out of his pocket. "Here sign this contract and after one month our agreement will end and I will give you the money." I took the contract and signed it and then I gave it back to him.

"Okay, so what kind of things will you make me do?" I asked while looking at him.

"You didn't read the contract? Don't worry nothing much." He said while walking away. "I will see you tomorrow in university."

He left while waving at me; I feel like he changed, I mean he looked different more like a grownup he should be anyway we are in our twenties, or maybe that's what I think.

It was already late three, ours since I left home! But I feel really tired, but what I'm thinking about right now is Alex, why does he want to help me?

I arrived home I had my keys with me so I opened the door, I knew everyone was asleep so I went upstairs straight away into my room quietly because I didn't want to wake anyone up, I had a shower then I brushed my teeth I put it my pyjama's on, I looked at myself at the mirror my long hair was a mess, I combed my hair and went straight away to sleep, but I couldn't fall asleep because I was hungry and feeling lazy at the same time, so I just went to sleep I have to go university tomorrow.