Too quiet

I wake up and feel like something is wrong. I open my eyes and blink rapidly against the sun shining in my room brightly. Ugh, this is not fun. Now I realise what felt wrong. The house is quiet, too quiet. When it's like that they always try to prank someone. Just hope it isn't me again. I still need to get back to Luke. My mind is thinking of ways to do so but I am uninspired at the moment. I get up from the bed and do my morning ritual.

I draw a bath and sigh as I hop in relaxing my muscles. I hear a knock on the door. "Miss Sorensen?" Mr Blackbournes voice drifting to my ears. "I am in the bathroom" I app to Mr Blackbourne. He returns a message "Are you decent?" My reply is "I am covered in bubbles. ;-)"

I laugh silently to myself trying to imagine the look on Mr Blackbourne's face. Would his face turn pink. I hear a ping indicating I received a reply.

"Good enough for me, Miss Sorensen. I am coming into the bathroom. Be prepared. ;-P"

Oh my gosh, now what? I sink a little further into the tub to make sure I am al covered up. There is a small knock on the door and it opens swiftly and Mr Blackbourne comes in dressed in him usual attire. He quickly closes the door and walks in my direction. His eyes focused on me in the tub.

Can I just sink deeper or would I drown? Uhm, is it getting hot in here or is it just me? Well probably just the water I hope as I feel my cheeks heat up the way Mr Blackbourne was looking at me.

"What is it, Owen? Couldn't it wait a little longer?"

"You are in the tub?"

"Yes I told you I was in the tub." Pointing to my phone.

His cheeks tint a light pink. "I thought you were kidding. I, ah, well, uhm, oh my."

Is Mr Blackbourne at a loss for words?

"What is the reason you are in my bathroom?" I ask again. Hoping his brain would come around.

"Ah yes, I wanted to inform you that the rest of the team is on a small mission and wanted to ask if you are ready for breakfast. I made a few things."

"Why, I'd love breakfast. Could you hand the towel over there?" He got the towel and held it up for me. "Do you need a hand getting up from the tub?" Now it was me and I just nodded my head and Owen held out a hand for me and helped me up. "Do you need help drying off?"

I quickly shook my head and wrapped the large towel around my body. "I am gonna go change quickly so we can eat breakfast."

I noticed an outfit was already picked by Gabriel and put it on. He knew Mr Blackbourne would like this outfit. It was a gray pencil skirt and a bright pink blouse with a bow on the neckline. I felt this was on par with Owen's taste. It felt classy. I walked down the stairs and went to the kitchen. Knowing I was alone with Owen I hugged him from behind and was delighted when the scent of spring soap filtered through my nostrils.

"What is for breakfast?"

"I made pancakes, got strawberries on top, got some bacon pancakes too. There is milk to drink, orange juice so all the vitamins you need are there. I also got your vitamins that Mr Coleman left for you. North told me to make sure you eat healthy and Dr Green agreed with him. Come sit down, Miss Sorensen."

I loved breakfast and ate as much as I could. I didn't tell Mr Blackbourne that pancakes are among foods North doesn't want me to eat. I was going to enjoy it while it lasted. Even Nathan argued with me on it. Luke did make them when he could and made sure I got the sweet ones with the syrup.

"What are we going to do today? Have you something planned already?"

"Yes. I would like to go to the park and walk around a bit. Just enjoying the sunshine and the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."

This made my cheeks tint again and I smiled happy to get out of the house. It was a short drive as it took only fifteen minutes to get there. It was a nice park. This one I was not familiair with but it had a nice pond where I fed the ducks and geese and other birds. There was an area with deer, a place with goats, sheep and cows. There were peacocks, pidgeons and chickens in a great variety. It almost felt like visiting a zoo I guess. Not that I would know what that was like but I liked all the animals. I snapped a few pictures of them with my phone and made a selfie with a beautiful horse. I liked it very much. There was a small restaurant where we got something to drink. I ordered hot chocolate with whipcream and Owen got tea.

I made a photo of Owen sipping his tea. He caught me doing it and asked me over to him. I did and he took my phone. He indicated for me to sit in his lap which I did and got real close to my face and kissing my cheek and he snapped a photo of it. I asked my phone so I could look at it but he held me off and made a few other shots as well of me and him. I laughed as I was happy and relaxed. I jumped off his lap and grabbed my phone. I loved the pictures Owen took of us and sent him the best ones so he had them too.

I finished my drink and ate the cookie that came with my drink. Owen had already finished his tea. His phone buzzed and he checked it. "Miss Sorensen, is it alright if we head home now? There are a few people eager to see you."

I nodded my head knowing it were my boys. I missed them although I loved being with Owen.

He sighed. "Oh well, all good things must come to an end. I enjoyed our date."

I smiled and agreed with him. I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him before we entered the car. We arrived at home shortly after and all were waiting outside as if they hadn't seen me just yesterday.

I smiled as I received hugs and kisses from all. I felt loved and knew that this was my home. I belonged here.

North hugged me and asked if I was ready for dinner. He made lasagna bolognese and a side salad. Yup, that's my North. Making sure I ate healthy.

"How was your day, Baby?"

"Mr Blackbourne made pancakes for breakfast with strawberries and bacon. I drank some milk and orange juice. After we finished we went to a park and saw all kinds of animals. It was like a zoo or something. I got hot chocolate with whipcream and a small cookie."

North grunted out something that sounded like 'no pancakes for the rest of the week' but I wasn't sure if I was correct. Silas got up and came over to hug me and said he needed to get home. Quickly the only ones left were Kota, Nathan and I. We decided to watch a movie and I snuggled into Kota watching the movie. This time I put on Brave. I wanted to watch it before but couldn't as I lost a bet so now they were watching it with me.

After the movie was finished I did not want to get up and said I would sleep on the couch.

"Can't do that, Peanut. I'll carry you to your bed." "Thank you, Honey." I kissed his cheek in gratitude. I never noticed that I actually reached my bed. I was too tired. Never noticed that Nathan didn't leave the room and slept behind me holding me tight.

-----------------

A/N well I wanted to update for you all. Couln't keep this a secret. It is unedited so I hope you will like it.

I got the keys to my new house and will move there half december or something. Have not yet set a date. My old house is hopefully sold too. At least there is an agreement. Made nearly 40 grand with that in just under two years. Keeping fingers crossed.