Allison Hodges

A bond. We'll call it that. I've never really had enemies until my best guy friend, Jake, suddenly went cold shoulder. It was about the time when I started liking him too. 7th Grade. Suddenly, he was cute and hated my guts. Him, along with his on and off again girlfriend, Sarah.

He attacked me every chance he got. He loved it. It confused me greatly. Him, Avalon and I got along so well and suddenly he hates me.

Around the time he started hating me is when Sarah moved to town. She beat me up her first day like she lost her mind. The girl spotted me and ran at me like an animal. Hate at first sight I guess.

In ninth grade I met Adam. Adam was sweet and caring. He defended me from Jake and Sarah. It was funny, really. He was on the football team and friends with this guy Aaron who was also friends with Jake.

Anyway, Adam quickly became my boyfriend despite the fact I still had feelings for Jake. I KNOW I KNOW! DONT KILL ME! But I always felt connected to him in someway. Everyday, I missed his smell- yes, his smell. It was sweet like sugar in a very light way. Sometimes I'd smell gasoline or fire smoke depending on the day. I loved it. I keep telling myself to forget him and move on but, here I am.

I had a normal life. Sixteen, more responsibility... but, that changed. The point of my rant is to show how normal I was. It's still crazy to me how normal it was.

Then, the day came that it all changed.

I remember it like it was yesterday...