Date, Set, Match

Another month passed by. Avalon and Aaron didn't talk much about what happened. Not even about the kiss they thought about all the time. They still trained together. She was getting pretty good. The next thing to look foreward to was the birthday/homecoming ball for Avalon and Aaron.
"Think I could go as your date?" Avalon asked while they sparred with bows.
"You'd want to?"
"Sure. Sounds fun." She said before pressing close to him, weapons above them. "I like getting dirty looks from girls attracted to you."
"Sounds like you have experience." He smiled, inches away. She only grinned, looked at his lips and started leaning closer. He did the same but then she moved to the side and used her bow to knock his legs out. He landed on his back.
"Wasn't one of the first rules you taught me was to never get distracted?" She smiled, pleased with herself. He sat up.
"You're such a cheater."
"No, I'm strategic." She corrected and help him stand.
"You are going to kick ass when we fight Serrina."
"What're you talking about? I'm just going to be riding you the whole time- and wow that sounded better in my head." They laughed.
"Your still a badass."
"Excuse me? I have a great ass." She jokes.
"I know." He leans back a bit and grins. She hits his arm, grabs her stuff and starts walking away with a strut in her step. She had toned up a bit. There was lining for abs on her stomach, her chest got bigger and her butt was fit. Training with her everyday, Aaron was noticing it and liking it. It got harder and harder to resist telling her that he would be with her no matter what he'd have to do to prove he would be by her side. More, he was put in uncomfortable situations and more did he resist. He sighed as she started walking out, glancing at her butt.
"Stop looking at my butt, Aaron." She looked back with a smile. "And remember, you owe me a dance." She left. He smiled.

***

Avalon got a knock on her door.
"Come in." She invited, drying her hair. She just got out of the shower, preparing for the night but had an old t shirt and sweats on. Jake entered and shut the door.
"Hey." He smiled.
"Hi." She greeted back, slightly confused.
"Can I tell you something?" He asked, the smile still on his face.
"Uh, sure." She shrugs and they sit across from one another on her bed. He sat there for a second.
"I'm going to ask Ally to marry me." He spills. Avalons eyes widen.
"Really? Oh my gosh thats awesome! I'm so happy for you!" She smiled.
"I wanted to keep it from everyone but... I needed to tell someone." He sighed in relief.
"I'm really happy for you both." Avalon nods in approval. "Now when are you?"
"Tonight."
"Tonight?" Her eyes practically popped out of her head. "Well where's the ring, Romeo?" She wanted to see it. He laughed and handed her the box. Avalon opened it to see a beautiful sapphire. She was really a diamond girl. "Aww, Jake, this is beautiful." She handed the box back to him.
"Really think she'll like it?"
"Definitely." She confirmed, making him relax.
"So, while I'm here, I hear you're  Aarons official date." Jake says.
"Well I didn't want to go alone." She shrugged.
"Avalon-"
"What?"
"Just admit you want to be with him."
"I have! I really screwed up, Jake! Why would he even think of us like that after what I did?"
"You made a mistake-"
"That cost me Aaron." She shuts him up. He sighed.
"If he wanted you, would you push him away?"
"Never again." She shook her head.

***

"Jake?" Aaron opened his door. "Uh, hey. What're you-"
"We need to talk." He walked in. Aaron closed the door.
"Hi to you too." Aaron said sarcasticlly.
"Do you hate Avalon?"
"What? No, never."
"Do you like her?"
"Sure-"
"Do you love her?" The question came out and Aaron paused.
"Why?"
"Because you need to tell her that!"
"I already did!"
"When was the last time?" Jake questioned. "The first time? She thinks you're over her!"
"Well what am I supposed to do!"
"What did you do the first time? Aaron, I don't know. Buy she just told me she'd never push you away again. I suggest you act on that because she thinks she's lost you forever." And with that, he left.

***

The ball was full of kings, queens, dukes and dutchesses. Ally and Aaron had to meet all of them. It was tiring. After they were done, they walked to their group. Everyone was there but Avalon.
"Finally." She sighed.
"That all of them?"
"I think so but we should probably go before there's more... wait, where's Avalon?"
"Don't know. I've been looking around but I can't find her." Aaron said.
"She's probably in her room." She started walking and Aaron followed.